The Student Room Group

Why has my payments been blocked?

Hi there.

I logged onto student finance last night (Boxing Day) to find out how much I will be getting next week and when I clicked 'view payments' I found out that my grant and loan has been blocked. I am just wondering why this is happening. They have my National Insurance Number and my current bank details which is what it says online as to why it could be blocked. I am in mu second year and these details have been the same since I first applied for student finance and I have had four payments off them with these details. Because it is the Christmas period I can't ring them until Tuesday but by then, it could be too late to get it sorted in time.

I have a part time job but some friends who also have part time jobs while studying, say their's haven't been blocked and can't see that being the case. This is doing my head in as I need that money to pay for rent among other things.

Has anyone else been in this situation and found out why?

Thanks
Hi,

Your part time job wouldn't cause your payments to be blocked, but other than your bank details, I'm not sure what would be blocking them. Please call us on 0300 100 0607 so we can look into it and get them unblocked for you.

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending