The Student Room Group

period cramps but no bleeding on the POP pill

I started the POP pill in september after being on the combined pill for over a year and a half. When I started the POP pill, I had one normal 7 day period and a 2.5 week period a month later. since then I have experienced no periods for the past 2 months.I know that not bleeding on the POP pill is normal Today I experienced quite intense period pains, the sort you would get in the first couple days your period starts. However, there has been no bleeding! I googled this and things like ovarian cancer, pregnancy, PCOS have come up and I am quite an anxious person and this is making me panic.Is it normal to get period cramps on the pop pill without any bleeding?
It is normal to get period like symptoms whilst not having a period on the POP pill, I'm on it too! If you're really worried take a test, but my doctor has always told me that anything can happen to your periods, including them stopping

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
Original post by KiwiDream
It is normal to get period like symptoms whilst not having a period on the POP pill, I'm on it too! If you're really worried take a test, but my doctor has always told me that anything can happen to your periods, including them stopping

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey thanks for the reply! I actually experienced some bleeding today but its not pure blood it looks like old brownish blood mixed in with clear fluid :confused:
Original post by Anonymous
hey thanks for the reply! I actually experienced some bleeding today but its not pure blood it looks like old brownish blood mixed in with clear fluid :confused:

I get the same sometimes! It's perfectly fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
I get the same sometimes! It's perfectly fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

hey sorry to bother you again but I have another question
Ive been having really faint bleeding for the past 4 days, starting with the thing i described before now its more fresh blood. But, by the end of the day, the Pad i wear hardly has practically nothing in it at all and the blood is very faint.

Im not sure if Im having a period or if I'm just bleeding or what it is or if its normal to not have proper periods just random light bleeding?
Original post by Anonymous
hey sorry to bother you again but I have another question
Ive been having really faint bleeding for the past 4 days, starting with the thing i described before now its more fresh blood. But, by the end of the day, the Pad i wear hardly has practically nothing in it at all and the blood is very faint.

Im not sure if Im having a period or if I'm just bleeding or what it is or if its normal to not have proper periods just random light bleeding?

It sounds like you're spotting, also very common! This could be your period however, since you had cramps etc. If it lasts roughly a week then it's your period, however the bleeding may continue or may stop all together, as your body gets used to the pill it can change your periods quite a bit. You have nothing to worry about everything you're experiencing seems normal to me! Quite similar to my experience

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
It sounds like you're spotting, also very common! This could be your period however, since you had cramps etc. If it lasts roughly a week then it's your period, however the bleeding may continue or may stop all together, as your body gets used to the pill it can change your periods quite a bit. You have nothing to worry about everything you're experiencing seems normal to me! Quite similar to my experience

Posted from TSR Mobile

thanks for replying, it stopped yesterday so only lasted around 4 days. I'll try to stop worrying now lol x
I've started with the cramps too. :frown: GP did warn me it may happen, along with the spotting.
Reply 8
Original post by Tiger Rag
I've started with the cramps too. :frown: GP did warn me it may happen, along with the spotting.

Ah let me know how you get on. My cramps only lasted 2 days and bleeding for 4. Reassuring to hear your GP warned you about spotting! Ive been wondering if I should take a pregnancy test as Iv never had spotting before and sometimes a light period is a sign of pregnancy :s-smilie:

Quick Reply

Latest