The Student Room Group

Unpleasant end to a date

Scroll to see replies

Text him and say you had a lovely time however him randomly grinding against you has freaked you out and there will be no second date.
Reply 41
He probably enjoys making girls feel special and then doing that lol

It would get me off not gonna lie
If you have been interested in him and he has otherwise been a nice and genteel guy, I suggest you talk about it with him - tell him how it made you feel and try and figure out why he thought it was an okay thing to do. Then you can make a more informed decision on whether or not to dump him.
Omg! That would creep me the hell out! I wouldn't mind my boyfriend doing that for a joke as we have been together for years but certainly not a guy I had just met up with for the first time!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
If you have been interested in him and he has otherwise been a nice and genteel guy, I suggest you talk about it with him - tell him how it made you feel and try and figure out why he thought it was an okay thing to do. Then you can make a more informed decision on whether or not to dump him.

This. :yep:

If he's as socially awkward as you say, I can't help thinking he probably just misread the signals and ended up looking a bit of a douche for it. Definitely talk to him about it, tell him it made you uncomfortable and see where you go from there.
I wouldn't be seeing him again

:lol:
blatantly on the sex offenders register
Reply 47
I actually burst out laughing, I really wasn't expecting that. Socially awkward, you say?
Original post by Anonymous
So TSR, I'm officially put off an otherwise perfectly nice guy by what I thought was a really unpleasant gesture. But I'm wondering if it's just me finding a reason not to like him because, well, I'm a bit nervous of re-entering the dating scene and maybe I'm making excuses for myself. So I'd like your opinions! :tsr:

Story: I've been chatting to a guy online for a while and we finally got around to going out. We went out for a nice lunch yesterday, talked about travel, video games etc. and he's kind of socially awkward (a bit), but I don't mind that. We spend a few hours chatting and getting to know each other. I'm attracted to him and building up this picture of a slightly shy guy who seems pretty into me but is being really gentle about it, which is nice as I've had an overly dramatic year and taking it slow sounds awesome. We get to the bus station afterwards, he kisses me goodbye (good kiss, all fine) then he reaches down while he's doing it, flips his coat open and randomly grinds a massive erection on me. (Through his jeans.) Then he goes off to catch his bus like it's all totally normal.

It ruined the mood for me and actually kind of freaked me out. I don't know if he thought it would be sexy or something? I don't know, am I weird for finding it weird? Straighten my head out for me please! :h:

You're not weird for finding it weird. Learn to trust your instincts more.
That is a weird stunt to pull and definitely creepy.
Very, very offputting!
The thing is, he's a tiny bit socially awkward...but not that socially awkward. Not to the point where it was an impediment to conversation, or anything. He's had at least one long-term successful relationship in the past, he's a top performer in his sales-orientated job. It just doesn't fit that he could seem so socially competent then suddenly...that. :eek:

Original post by sparkletoo
You're not weird for finding it weird. Learn to trust your instincts more.

Thanks, I should. It's a problem in general, I always assume I'm probably the one in the wrong if someone seems to be acting weird. :colondollar:
Please ask him why and report back. Desperately curious.
It's a little hilarious too...

Thanks, I should. It's a problem in general, I always assume I'm probably the one in the wrong if someone seems to be acting weird. :colondollar:

I had this problem in the past. Believe me, the liberation and confidence you gain when you stop is amazing. Start off by actively reminding yourself 'no, I will not ignore how I feel' when you are next in this position, and shut down the thoughts that try to tell you otherwise. After time, it will become second nature and you will wonder why you didn't do it sooner! Also, people begin to respect you more, confidence is very attractive.
But yeah, fake it til you make it is always the best way to start :wink:
Don't see the issue. It just means he liked you.
Reply 53
Wait. What's the problem, you now know he's "massive" down there?
Reply 54
The thing is, he's a tiny bit socially awkward...but not that socially awkward. Not to the point where it was an impediment to conversation, or anything. He's had at least one long-term successful relationship in the past, he's a top performer in his sales-orientated job. It just doesn't fit that he could seem so socially competent then suddenly...that. :eek:

He's a salesman. He sold you something you liked and then you opened the product and found it was faulty.
Original post by whorace
He's a salesman. He sold you something you liked and then you opened the product and found it was faulty.

He didn't get commission for me though. :colone:
Original post by richpanda

Moral of the story: don't do online dating.

:facepalm:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Well, that escalated quickly.
What an absolute cretin.
Update for anyone who was wondering!

I spoke to the guy, who didn't see anything wrong with what he did. During the conversation, he also mentioned his last relationship was with someone who was cheating on their partner. What a creep.

Thanks for helping me dodge a bullet TSR. :h:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending