The Student Room Group

Veganism?

Scroll to see replies

Promise to cook your own meals.

You're basically asking your parents to either go vegan or cook two meals (very different meals) simultaneously all the time, I totally get why they wouldn't want to do that. Atleast with vegetarian meals you can just swap out the meat with meat substitutes or simple alternatives.
Original post by lilylf
You are twisting everything I say ahah. I never said you can't be healthy if your not vegan, you can, I was saying on average vegans are much healthier. And with the fly thing I don't step on them purposely, if they are on the floor and I don't see them then its unavoidable, If i could float over them then I would, but I can't. The reason I speak of flies and I'm less concerned for them, even though I would never harm them is because they are not intelligent, often flies lead to their own deaths and so do other insects, they have brains the size of peas and are not aware of death. Pigs however are as intelligent as a small human, are flies? No, thats my point. We are similar to pigs as they share much of the same dna and they have a lot of intelligence, they can make bonds, they know when they are going to be killed, they can learn tricks, understand words, do flies? No they are unaware. I can't believe I even have to spell this out for you.
And you say you wouldn't torture anything? But why pay for someone else to do that torture for you and then eat it afterwards?
Medication is unavoidable, if I have an illness that needs to be treated I'm not going to let myself suffer if it's serious. Thats not my morals going out the window at all, they are always there. Vegans try their best and save so many animals every year. The thing is non-vegan food is avoidable and not needed in a humans diet, medication can be needed, especially if it is serious. I don't agree with animal testing, I don't give money to the people who do it either as medication I get is free, I wish it wasn't tested on animals, but I do my best.

prsom
Original post by Tiger Rag
How?

1. They reduce calcium and iron absorption.
2. Most of the people are either allergic or sensitive to one or more proteins or sugars in the milk.
3. Milk is full of natural and in-natural hormones.
4. Diary products cause high metabolic acidity which lead to calcium loss.
5. High amount of complete protein is not healthy in general, the less complete protein you eat the better. The body needs amino-acids and not the complete protein, breaking down the protein drains a lot of energy and a lot of toxins are released during the process.
Reply 43
Original post by Gwilym101
Promise to cook your own meals.

You're basically asking your parents to either go vegan or cook two meals (very different meals) simultaneously all the time, I totally get why they wouldn't want to do that. Atleast with vegetarian meals you can just swap out the meat with meat substitutes or simple alternatives.

I already do cook my own meals, that's why I don't understand why I can't be vegan at the moment I'm eating vegan without them knowing but when they try to get me to have something non vegan I will just tell them no and hope they catch on that I don't want to eat that stuff anymore:smile:
No problems. You will be free when you are... 18. You like that number... of freedom? I do... seriously. 😃

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just say you do not want to eat flesh and hen periods. and hormonal, puss filled bovine secretion with the pregnancy hormones in the milk from the pregnant cow which is intended for the calf to make it double in size and grow rapidly just like breast milk is to fatten up a human baby.
Throw in that cholesterol is ONLY found in animal products. You want a healthy heart and trying to avoid having a heart attack in the future.
You gotta dumb it down to get the message across. I don't force my views on anyone else but when they try and force their views on to me to tell me I am stupid and dumb and wrong, that's when I start. I mind my own business for my own health and body but when people mock me and say you are stupid why be vegan, then I start on them.
Just say you couldn't go and kill an animal yourself. You have made the connection, the pretty packaged meat in the supermarket has come a long way to get to that.
Say, like me, as I have been asked in job interviews before, where would be my worst place to work/job etc say a slaughterhouse. That would be my idea of hell seeing animals getting slaughtered for people to consume.
The list goes on, there are many reasons for you to say why you want to be vegan.
You dont want to be consuming all that death, simple.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending