The Student Room Group

Student finance suddenly want my grant back?

Hey

I got an letter from SFC stating they have overpaid my grant and want it back (IE taking it out of my loan) the issue is our household income is 15k which as far as I am aware is well within the grant limit. My mum got a letter a few weeks back asking for a copy of her income so she sent last 2014/15's earning to them.

The only thing I can think of is that they are suddenly being picky because I did a placement year last year, which I no longer have as a job (during my placement I earned about 14k for the year, none of which I could save because I was living in London...).

Any idea what I need to do this is really going to screw up my final year and it just want I needed 3 days before my exam season begins...

SFC is basically telling me I now need to pay my rent out of thin air because of how reliant on the grant I am....
(edited 8 years ago)
I have just seen the same on my account and it's only the basic maintenance grant. I'm massively panicking too! Give them a call to sort it sooner rarer than later.
Hi

We may simply be waiting to process the evidence your mother has sent to us, or she may have sent the incorrect year (usually 2013/2014 evidence would support 2015/2016 application).

If you would like us to check please call: 0300 100 0607

Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending