The Student Room Group

Agecny Jobs contract vs permanent job

Is there any problem with agency work or spending the rest of your life working for agency to get a job vs a permant job if apply directly and working there tillu die or till retirement

plus is it a viable option to go free lance rather stay with someone for a long period of time
I guess it depends what you want. Mum does agency which means she doesn't do set hours, meaning she may do a shift or several ships per week. She does have another permanent job, meaning that if she doesn't have many hours in her agency job, she at least has something.
also pertinent to point out that some organisations recruit mainly if not totally from agency at an operational level ...
I'd imagine it depends on your position/what you want/the agency. I'm sure some agency staff in some sectors are never short of work whereas others will only get work infrequently. Irregular hours might be fine for someone who's just earning a bit on the side of a partner's decent and steady income and wants to be able to turn down shifts, it might not work for a single parent who needs to know what situation they'll be in next month. Equally some people might prefer a constantly changing job with new challenges and others might like to stick with one thing.
Why is it hard to a a job for life

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending