The Student Room Group

ucas application unsuccesful. Help

Hi, I'm new here and I applied to Staffordshire university for forensic science and I got a response on ucas track saying it was unsuccessful because the course I applied for only recruits UK and eu students. Has anyone ever heard of that? Cos the school 'so website doesn't say anything like that.i'm freaking out because that was my only choice and I don't know what to do.
Original post by Reedah31
Hi, I'm new here and I applied to Staffordshire university for forensic science and I got a response on ucas track saying it was unsuccessful because the course I applied for only recruits UK and eu students. Has anyone ever heard of that? Cos the school 'so website doesn't say anything like that.i'm freaking out because that was my only choice and I don't know what to do.

There are often different course codes for international students and home students. You may have chosen the wrong one. Go back to Ucas and have a look, and if you've put the wrong code on, call up the university and discuss what can be done with them.

If it's this course
http://search.ucas.com/course/summary/434741/forensic-science?Vac=6&AvailableIn=2016&Query=forensic%20science&ProviderQuery=Staffordshire%20University%2C%20&AcpId=2092&page=1&providerids=2092&ret=results#coursedetailsmenu
then it does say that it is open to people outside the EU, so you probably should call them anyway and discuss it.
Original post by Reedah31

I think you have applied for a course at a partner college that isn't approved by the Home Office to sponsor international students for a visa.

If you don't need a visa to study in the UK, then there may be a way forward. You will need to discus this with the partner college.
Reply 3
My first degree I did was forensic science and some places wouldn't take me as an outside student because certain things required government payments like specific practices or placements and uni costs wouldn't cover it.
Was a few years ago now tho so dunno if it's still the same.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending