The Student Room Group

Have you ever ghosted someone?

Someone you were fairly close to/got on well with.
Even someone you were dating?

If you have, why?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Someone you were fairly close to/got on well with.
Even someone you were dating?

Yes

If you have, why?

IDK, you shouldn't do that.
Lotsa people think I'ma ghost, mhm :yep:
I've been ghosted.. broke something off before I went to uni, and then just heard nothing back from her ever again :X It's actually really horrible and doesn't really provide any closure at all.
Reply 5

means to ignore or like not reply / open messages (generally on purpose)
No, but I've had it done to me. Apparently my ex thought the way to break up with someone was to block them on everything and completely cut off contact

Completely vanishing from someone's life. Blocking them online, blanking them, not answering their calls ect. You're effectively dead to them, hence ghost.
I've ghosted a couple of people, mainly because it was really cringey.
No, but I feel like doing it to certain people. :redface:
Reply 10
Original post by Milzime
means to ignore or like not reply / open messages (generally on purpose)

Original post by Zargabaath
Completely vanishing from someone's life. Blocking them online, blanking them, not answering their calls ect. You're effectively dead to them, hence ghost.

Ohhh... In that case I guess I have. I do it unintentionally when I'm at my lowest

Posted from TSR Mobile
My friend is ghosting this guy rn who she met in a club (they have a few mutual friends). She texted back at first making excuses but now he keeps messaging her asking to hang out... why cant he just take the hint and leave her alone.

I've also kinda done it to someone who I vaguely know, they kept popping up on FB and I just didnt want to deal with them so I would never click the message therefore it never got 'seen'
(edited 8 years ago)
No, it's just down right cruel.

My ex did it to me several times, he was a right little sociopathic creep. He did it with the complete intention to hurt me and play me like a game. Which included completely cutting off contact with me after a cryptic message right before a uni exam, when he knew I had an exam.

He was a right bastard. Ghosting close people and completely disappearing from their lives with no explanation is an incredibly selfish thing to do, and I can't respect the actions of those who do it.
(edited 8 years ago)
yeah, but I'm usually the one ghosted
Reply 14
Original post by SophieSmall
No, it's just down right cruel.

My ex did it to me several times, he was a right little sociopathic creep. He did it with the complete intention to hurt me and play me like a game. Which included completely cutting off contact with me after a cryptic message right before a uni exam, when he knew I had an exam.

He was a right bastard. Ghosting close people and completely disappearing from their lives with no explanation is an incredibly selfish thing to do, and I can't respect the actions of those who do it.

If he was a sociopathic creep surely you should be happy he just left your life?
Original post by Mancini
If he was a sociopathic creep surely you should be happy he just left your life?

Because he isn't probably, she's probably just simplified a very complex relationship where she had moments of happiness into 'he was the most awful person in the world' - it does help one cope
I've done it to guys I barely knew before. I wouldn't do it to someone I considered myself close to though.
Original post by Mancini

It really should have been that simple at the time, but it wasn't emotionally.

he was incredibly manipulative. And when a manipulative person gets a hold of you emotionally it's incredibly difficult to think straight. I look back on it now and don't have a clue why I let myself get into that situation. but it wasn't like that from the start, and that is how those people get to you. It starts off small and you feel silly for getting upset about things, they gaslight you into thinking your're the one in the wrong and crazy and it gets to the point you're apologising for the things they did. It's not something that happens overnight, it was carefully calculated and planned out by him over a long period of time.

now I look back on it, I am so glad I am out of that relationship, but in the end I was scared of him and I ended up just waiting for him to leave again because I was scared of what he would do if I dared to leave him.
I am airing 4 whatsapp groups
Does that count:tongue:
Reply 19
No, it's childish.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending