The Student Room Group

Does my friend like me?

So a group of me and my friends went out last night for a birthday. After the night out i walked back with two friends. They both came in to use the loo before they headed home. One of the guys left after he used the loo. The other came and sat on my sofa. Me and him sat on the sofa and hugged. We were chatting and he said i was his best friend, so i gave him a kiss on the cheek. He held my hand and kissed me back on the cheek. We both kissed each others neck and cheeks several times. He then kissed me on the forehead and said he had to leave as he had an early train to catch in the morning.
Im really confused as he has a girlfriend and think his actions might mean he likes me in that way.
What do you guys think? I'd be grateful to hear back from anyone
Reply 1
I think he likes you.
1. Was he sober?

If "no", go to a. If "yes", go to b.

a) yes.
b) yes.
If I were the girlfriend I should not be happy to find out my bf was kissing another girl's neck tbh
Reply 4
I'm a girl so no he doesn't want the D
I went through a very similar situation recently and was as confused as you are, but a few months down the line and I'm sure about my friends feelings towards me. I defo thinks he likes you. Hopefully you (like me) like him back so things can eventually fall into place. Theres nothing nicer than starting as friends and leading into something more.. Hopefully if he resolves the fact that he has a girlfriend first of course.
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
I went through a very similar situation recently and was as confused as you are, but a few months down the line and I'm sure about my friends feelings towards me. I defo thinks he likes you. Hopefully you (like me) like him back so things can eventually fall into place. Theres nothing nicer than starting as friends and leading into something more.. Hopefully if he resolves the fact that he has a girlfriend first of course.

The thing is I know he has booked a holiday with his girlfriend for April time and I'm not sure they'd break up. Do you think it'll just be a one time thing that he did what he did? What we're the things happening I your situation and are you together now?
He said - you're my best friend- so he made it clear plus he has a gf.

But you know the best relationships start with being best of friends first :smile:
Original post by Anonymous
The thing is I know he has booked a holiday with his girlfriend for April time and I'm not sure they'd break up. Do you think it'll just be a one time thing that he did what he did? What we're the things happening I your situation and are you together now?

I mean its clearly a sticky situation with the pre-booked holiday and stuff but he may just need time to sort things out. So in my situation it was my best friend who started getting close, but i didn't think much of it till one day i got neck kisses, long hugs and hand holding and stuff but on the day he then told me we were good friends so i was extremely confused..(but I think in both situations the best friend thing was put out there to comfort us). After that, every time i saw him the long hugs and cheek kisses and intimacy continued, its been months now and we continue to flirt and although he hasn't openly said he likes me he's made it very clear but I'm just giving him his time and space as we've previously discussed we both were not ready for a rs but i know that it will eventually happen. I think just wait and see how he acts towards you after now it can go either way, and if you feel like you need to at any point feel free to ask him about it. good luck x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending