The Student Room Group

If a guy wants you to change.. should you?

Scroll to see replies

If there is no argument there is no real relationship
Original post by Proxenus

False.
Thank you everyone who responded. We broke up..
If there were your bad traits (like if you did bad things) then i guess.

Otherwise I'll tell him to do1
What I'm about to say applies to both and all genders, but it can be incorporated into this topic.

If someone you truly care about and someone who truly cares about you asks you to change, consider what they're asking you to change. If they're suggesting you change something actively negative, harmful or hurtful - do so. This would include anything from smoking and drinking to negative personal traits, such as racism and homophobia. If the change makes you a better, healthier person, strongly consider it.

However, if someone suggests that you change minor things about yourself that are in no way hurtful or negative, be quite wary of it. Don't change your essence, who you are and what you are simply because someone doesn't like it. Be yourself, within kind, reasonable limits, but yourself nonetheless. People have quirks. There's a difference between someone trying to help you by asking you to change something and wanting to change you from the ground up.
Original post by Proxenus

Not true. My boyfriend and I've had one argument the entire time we've been together and that was drunk. It's nice being in a relationship where you don't argue.
Absolutely not. Change for yourself or not at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending