The Student Room Group

Undergraduate busary and fitness

Im currently in my last year of doing a levels and I've just sent of the first part of my application to be an officer.
Im planning on joining after university so id like to apply for the undergraduate bursary. When being assessed for the bursary do you have to do your fitness exam as part of that?
Im just worried because whilst I'm working on my fitness know i probably won't be ready for the exam and was planning on using my time at uni to work on this.
Original post by Wingsly
Im currently in my last year of doing a levels and I've just sent of the first part of my application to be an officer.
Im planning on joining after university so id like to apply for the undergraduate bursary. When being assessed for the bursary do you have to do your fitness exam as part of that?
Im just worried because whilst I'm working on my fitness know i probably won't be ready for the exam and was planning on using my time at uni to work on this.

Hi

Thank you for getting in touch, Yes you would have to pass AOSB in order to apply for an Undergraduate Bursary.

The Army Officer Selection Board (AOSB) is located at Leighton House in the village of Westbury, Wiltshire. Here they hold the selection boards for all forms of officer entry, both Regular and Reserve.

At the AOSB briefing you will be shown a video explaining the fitness requirements for the AOSB Main Board. You will also be given a short assessment of your fitness. This is an individual obstacle course to check your upper body strength and a Multi-Stage Fitness Test (MSFT) also known as the 'Bleep Test' to check your aerobic fitness. It is identical to the one which is conducted at the AOSB Main Board - males will be asked to achieve level 10.2 and females level 8.1.

On the AOSB Main Board you do a more demanding individual obstacle course. You also do the Multi Stage Fitness Test again to the same level given above - press ups, males 44 in 2 mins, females 21.(Straight back and arms, chest to just off the floor) Sit ups, both males and females 50 in 2 mins.(Hands across the chest to opposite shoulders for both male and female).

Hope this helps
ArmyJobs

Quick Reply

Latest