The Student Room Group

Flatmates keep stealing milk

Scroll to see replies

Reply 60
Original post by Carrot_Cake_13
Were you able to find another flatmate? :eek:

Yes and a lock on my door.
Original post by babawunga
Enforce Sharia Law in the flat and amputate their hands.

Absolutely the only solution.
Reply 62
Original post by Breakingbank
Whenever I buy milk I usually only get 1 or 2 uses out of it before it runs out as everyone keeps stealing it.

So I switched to full fat as I figured not many people drink that so no one will steal it but no, they do. It pisses me off tbh as I don't care about the cost but it's the inconvenience that I need to buy milk 3 times a week. I've spoken to my flatmates but everyone says its not them.

So I've decided to do an experiment.. I bought milk and poured half a pack of sugar in it.

Next person I hear to scream from disgust in the kitchen will be one of the culprits stealing my milk.

Anyways how do you deal with people stealing your milk?

ahahhahahaha you're getting robbed
just add some food dye as i won't affect the milk other than its colour so no one will touch it
oh and label it something concerning like oxblood
I vote laxatives.
Reply 65
I saw a yikyak about this the other day.

One of your flatmates isn't a vegan by any chance, are they?
Reply 66
Whenever I buy milk I usually only get 1 or 2 uses out of it before it runs out as everyone keeps stealing it.

So I switched to full fat as I figured not many people drink that so no one will steal it but no, they do. It pisses me off tbh as I don't care about the cost but it's the inconvenience that I need to buy milk 3 times a week. I've spoken to my flatmates but everyone says its not them.

So I've decided to do an experiment.. I bought milk and poured half a pack of sugar in it.

Next person I hear to scream from disgust in the kitchen will be one of the culprits stealing my milk.

You put your nsme on it clearly snd add a small amount of beetroot juice to it to change its colour slightly and don't say what you have done to anyone. They will think twice about using any milk of yours especially when it is in a see through container with your name on it. Students never admit to nicking other people's stuff so be careful what you leave available for people to touch!
CAN one at most unis keep a small fridge in the room? (thought there were rules against this, or vary from uni to uni?)

this is unfortunate and probably will happen with even more than just milk, flatmates stealing food etc.

I like the idea of telling each flatmate you suspect someone- but NOT them- of drinking your milk and that you put --so and so-- into the milk to catch the thief. Say this to each flatmate privately and maybe your milk will be there for only you! now!!

I would also try to place my milk into alternate dark bottles from other drinks to disguise it.
Original post by sparkylab
CAN one at most unis keep a small fridge in the room? (thought there were rules against this, or vary from uni to uni?)

There are rules against it, usually because they claim it's a fire risk. I'm told it's actually because they don't want to pay for the electricity.
Original post by anosmianAcrimony
There are rules against it, usually because they claim it's a fire risk. I'm told it's actually because they don't want to pay for the electricity.

thank you a! yeah, thought so, too bad, would be nice to have one in the room. what about hot kettles or coffee k-cup machines? are those allowed in the room?

(sorry, nothing to do with the milk issue here)
Original post by sparkylab

You can if you live in private accommodation. Sometimes in university residences they are discouraged but in practice nobody comes into your room looking for mini fridges so go ahead and buy one
Reply 72
with some of these ideas i think youll end up with a bigger problem than you started with lol :biggrin:
Buy a tin of powdered milk and keep it locked up in your room in a hidden place. If you need some milk in your coffee put exactly one spoonful of powered milk in a tissue and bring it into the kitchen for your coffee.
Reply 74
Get over it.

My flatmate stole my clothes and underwear.
Original post by Lil08
Get over it.

My flatmate stole my clothes and underwear.

:stupid:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending