The Student Room Group

I am just really down, never going to see my partner again. Want to move far away.

We broke up, she was my soulmate, I loved her a lot. She is moving away and things can't be fixed. I ****ed it up (not cheating), I just completely ****ed it up and I will live with it for the rest of my life.

I want to move far away, anything to stop me feeling this terrible. It's been 3 weeks since we broke up and everyday has been tough. I see everywhere around me and it kills me inside because everything reminds me of her.

People tell me to stop thinking about her, but I can't.
Why/how did you **** up?
Reply 2
Okay, this is pretty common so, point one you aren't alone.
That's important to remember because forgetting that will make you feel like ****

Point two, you need to keep yourself occupied
I'm talking binge watching movies, reading books, study, cook/bake, art, gym whatever you want
Just do stuff, discover a new talent, try to learn something, do something that scares you
It's strange but it'll help a little
Note that you don't always have to go out, if you're happy to do things inside you should - sometimes you can be the loneliest in the biggest of crowds

Point three, if you can, replace the feeling
It's a bad coping technique yes but it helped a lot of my friends and me, just pick a person (celebrities are safest because what are the chances of you actually meeting them) and just pine over them for a while
Sounds stupid but there's entire articles over how 'love' of somethings almost acts like a drug and having something change in that almost makes you acts as if in drug withdrawal so it's time to feed the addiction

Point four, internet buddies!
Anonymous internet buddies are best types of buddies
Like this, you've asked for help and you shall receive
Or at else you'll receive some sort of reply
Try 'blahtherapy' if this doesn't work out for you, they have a whole host of relationship issue forums over there

Point five, remember you had a good time but you need to let it go
Hate to be that person, but nothing lasts forever
It's not the end of your dating life as we know it, chances are you'll fall just as hard for another girl in the future
So learn from your mistakes, yeah?
Reply 3
Original post by donutellme
Why/how did you **** up?

Shes moving far away and wanted to start a new life away from me. I never told her I loved her. Now I have no chance because she says she wants to have a new life with new people and new relationships.

Sorry, I just found it very difficult to type my thread out. She has blocked me on her phone saying it's best we don't talk to each other anymore. I am just finding it very hard to get my head straight.
Original post by Anonymous
Shes moving far away and wanted to start a new life away from me. I never told her I loved her. Now I have no chance because she says she wants to have a new life with new people and new relationships.

Sorry, I just found it very difficult to type my thread out. She has blocked me on her phone saying it's best we don't talk to each other anymore. I am just finding it very hard to get my head straight.

I still don't see how you ****ed up? Perhaps silly of you not to tell her you loved her if you did, but not a **** up...

If anything, she seems perfectly happy to let you go and make new relationships/sleep around/party/whatever.That seems far more wrong than what you've said.

Either way, what the above poster said is good advice. Busy yourself so as not to dwell as much.
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous

Mate, look. You can't fall in that trap.

She literally told you she's giving up on you and wants to start over. Can you not see what this means? It means she didn't give a **** before either. Telling her you loved her would not have changed anything. There's a difference between actually having to go away and saying to the other person that you have to break up because it cannot work, and telling them that you want to start a life away from them.

It sucks, it hurts and it is a bitch. I know. But considering how she did it, you need to reevaluate yourself and make a new start too.

Just my one cent.
Reply 6
Original post by *Stefan*
Mate, look. You can't fall in that trap.

She literally told you she's giving up on you and wants to start over. Can you not see what this means? It means she didn't give a **** before either. Telling her you loved her would not have changed anything. There's a difference between actually having to go away and saying to the other person that you have to break up because it cannot work, and telling them that you want to start a life away from them.

It sucks, it hurts and it is a bitch. I know. But considering how she did it, you need to reevaluate yourself and make a new start too.

Just my one cent.

She's 29, I am 24. We were going to celebrate our birthdays next month (mines the 8th, her's the 9th). She has bought has house and I am not a part of the picture. How can I handle knowing that she is probably going to settle down with someone and have kids in the next few years? How do I even begin to just totally block that future of hers away from my life?

It was just so abrupt. I can't really deal with this because she is everywhere. Everywhere we used to go together, her side of the bed. I just feel like a half of me has been torn away and that I am physically addicted to her. This is an extremity in terms of being a low, but there were extreme highs also. That is why I don't think I will be ready for anyone else in a long time. I am pretty dead inside.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending