Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I suffer from bad nausea a lot of the time (yes, I've been to the doctors about it and have been given a referral etc)
    But I wondered if in the meantime anyone has any tips for stopping (or at least easing) the nausea. It's a pain always feeling like this, as I have an irrational phobia of vomiting and every time I feel sick, I begin to get anxious that I might throw up. Most of the remedies I have tried do not work.
    Some things I have tried:
    Travel sickness bands
    Anti-nausea tablets
    Ginger (biscuits, tea)
    Apples
    Ice lollies- these actually work some of the time.

ReputationRep:
    Have you tried changing your diet?

Avoid fried, fatty, spicy foods or caffeinated drinks.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by octoppus)
    I suffer from bad nausea a lot of the time (yes, I've been to the doctors about it and have been given a referral etc)
    But I wondered if in the meantime anyone has any tips for stopping (or at least easing) the nausea. It's a pain always feeling like this, as I have an irrational phobia of vomiting and every time I feel sick, I begin to get anxious that I might throw up. Most of the remedies I have tried do not work.
    Some things I have tried:
    Travel sickness bands
    Anti-nausea tablets
    Ginger (biscuits, tea)
    Apples
    Ice lollies- these actually work some of the time.
    It will depend on why you're feeling nauseous so you may not get the best results until all your doctors visits and stuff are all done.

Some things that are meant to help are various herbal teas (ginger, peppermint, camomile), a more basic diet without fizzy drinks and other foods that may irritate you (though I might suggest you hold off with diet changes until you've seen the doc incace it would mess with tests), drinking pleant of water, avoiding stressful situations and relaxing/ meditating (if it is anxiety related), cold drinks. There are probably loads of other things I haven't mentioned so just google it.

If icelollies help i'd try cool drinks or ice, maybe a cool bath. If you don't find that tea is helping you could try it cold. Peppermint lollies sounds interesting

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 6, 2016
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.