The Student Room Group

Am I destined to be alone!!!

Hey, so I'm a 20 year old student and I've never had a boyfriend, like literally no one shows any interest in me at all. Guyd don't ask for my number, have never approached me or ever liked me. I'm not desperate for a man but I just wish I could have resurance that someone would be attracted to me, I just get lonely sometimes, I'm scared I'll never find anyone

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Lucyrosie
Hey, so I'm a 20 year old student and I've never had a boyfriend, like literally no one shows any interest in me at all. Guyd don't ask for my number, have never approached me or ever liked me. I'm not desperate for a man but I just wish I could have resurance that someone would be attracted to me, I just get lonely sometimes, I'm scared I'll never find anyone

Hey Lucy. Wanna have a chat send me a message x
Reply 2
Here you go.... U have somebody now :biggrin:
I have been the same for a long time. I asked a guy randomly on a night out (an older guy) and he told me that I come across as a strong intimidating woman. This, I was rather shocked but I was rather flattered with simultaneously.

The thing that I realised when reflecting back on that moment, is that I wasn't willing to change myself for anyone anyway, so it's just about waiting for the right one to come along that sees you as a challenge. Trust me, it will come your way and it will be more than worth it! Hang in there!
grrrrl you need to work on your game
OMG, I'm 20 tomorrow and I could have written this lol, I think a lot of it might be not putting yourself out there enough, I'd just recommend you go and do things you enjoy and meet people and then take it from there.

when the time comes you'll meet the one. It could be tomorrow, it could be a year just gotta ride out the waiting game.

You should ask Mystic Meg. She's pretty good with this kind of stuff.

There is no destiny, or if there is you have the power to make it yourself. You're still very young and have lots of time to find someone in the future. I'm only 2 years younger than you and in the same position but I always think: even if I do end up alone, would it really be so bad? There's worse things that could happen, having a partner isn't everything.
Hey, im 18 but feel the same as you. Ivd never had a girl approach me before.
Are you rather quiet? Being louder will get you noticed by mors guys. Im really quiet so i know that being loud helps.
Im sure there are some boys out there who have a thing for ya :wink: You just need to be in the right place at the right time.
Ivd been really lonelg recently but have chatted to a couple of people on here and really enjoy chatting with them. Its really helped with my lonliness.
If you want to meet some new people , maybe you could join a club. That way you know you have something in common with the people you meet there.
I can 100% guadantee that youll meet someone amazing soon! Dont give up hope!
I know how you feel!
Being alone is pretty awesome. At the moment I'm only in school so yep my advice is not the best to take on board, but I've got a schitty friendship group who exclude me bc they all hook up with guys on tinder and I don't. I'm not a prude, I just don't fancy meeting a stranger and sleeping with him in year 12! But the main thing is, throughout my exclusion I've acc learnt quite a bit about myself. I've learnt that it's okay to be alone, and when you're alone nobody can hurt you or offend you. I've learnt that I really am my best company, and I know myself better than anyone else does so that's good. I've also learnt that being alone helps you improve you as I'm stuck in a circle of figuring out what I want in life.

Use your time with you wisely and focus on yourself for the time being, because you never meet people by accident and people put in as much effort as they want to do- YOU are your only reliable friend gal, never forget that. Selfish people live longer sadly, and I've been kind and giving my whole life and it's made me get here. Nope, not anymore
Could be worse. I'm a 25 year old professional earning above the national average and I still haven't had my first kiss or been on a date.

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=4007225

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Update I’m now 22 and nothing has changed lololol
Reply 14

I can relate lmao

Laws of the universe, when you stop searching for it, it finds you :lol:
Update I’m now 22 and nothing has changed

The best advice I can give you is to not focus on a relationship.
You need to create a full happy life for yourself as a single. Get out there. Hobbies clubs activities holidays travel etc.
A relationship should enhance what you have and not be the reason you’re happy
Easy for me to say as an old married I know but it’s true.
I doubt that there is anyone in the world who doesn’t have a potential relationship out there. You WILL find it. Don’t look too hard.
Best wishes
It was 11/11 means HAPPY SINGLES DAY
Reply 18
Original post by Sammylou40
The best advice I can give you is to not focus on a relationship.
You need to create a full happy life for yourself as a single. Get out there. Hobbies clubs activities holidays travel etc.
A relationship should enhance what you have and not be the reason you’re happy
Easy for me to say as an old married I know but it’s true.
I doubt that there is anyone in the world who doesn’t have a potential relationship out there. You WILL find it. Don’t look too hard.
Best wishes

Aww thanks for the advice. Tbh I have stopped looking and I’ve had an amazing year being single and living life. I have come to realise that I should make the most of what I have now and when the times comes it comes .

The reason for my comment is I just went on tsr after a while and saw this thread so decided to comment looool.
Reply 19
I know poor me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending