The Student Room Group

I want to ask him out when I go to visit him

A friend of mine has moved abroad, a good male friend of mine that I met at university. I really miss him and want to ask him out.

He has always been there for me even though he has never made a move on me, I never got on with any my flatmates so I would chill in his room with him , we lived in the same student accommodation block but in different corridors with him. He let me in there when he was busy doing his uni work, he studied some film course so he was always busy. So I would watch his TV and play on his PlayStation.

I have a bad past with men, I have sex with about 30 men and I think he is put off by this, I just enjoy sex but never found a man I actually wanted to be my boyfriend. I'm use to men chasing me but he doesn't, I know it was a friendship but to me it seemed much more than that. I want someone to get me out of this circle and that I'll stop for him.

After uni he went abroad to work for a year and I miss him so much. He said he does miss me a lot and that I was welcome to go visit him. He's there until the new year so I want to ask him, what should I do to impress him? He will be going back to his hometown when he gets back in the UK, opposite sides of the country but I'm willing to have a relationship with him. He said he does think I'm good looking but doesn't know what to think so maybe he does fancy me?

I never met a man like him, so many men don't know how to treat girls and I like he's his own person and he has amazing dress sense. Honestly I never wanted to rip the clothes off a man so badly.

How should I go about it? Can you give advice thanks
Original post by Anonymous
A friend of mine has moved abroad, a good male friend of mine that I met at university. I really miss him and want to ask him out.He has always been there for me even though he has never made a move on me, I never got on with any my flatmates so I would chill in his room with him , we lived in the same student accommodation block but in different corridors with him. He let me in there when he was busy doing his uni work, he studied some film course so he was always busy. So I would watch his TV and play on his PlayStation.I have a bad past with men, I have sex with about 30 men and I think he is put off by this, I just enjoy sex but never found a man I actually wanted to be my boyfriend. I'm use to men chasing me but he doesn't, I know it was a friendship but to me it seemed much more than that. I want someone to get me out of this circle and that I'll stop for him.After uni he went abroad to work for a year and I miss him so much. He said he does miss me a lot and that I was welcome to go visit him. He's there until the new year so I want to ask him, what should I do to impress him? He will be going back to his hometown when he gets back in the UK, opposite sides of the country but I'm willing to have a relationship with him. He said he does think I'm good looking but doesn't know what to think so maybe he does fancy me?I never met a man like him, so many men don't know how to treat girls and I like he's his own person and he has amazing dress sense. Honestly I never wanted to rip the clothes off a man so badly. How should I go about it? Can you give advice thanks

Aww... That's a sweet story. I don't know about LDR but I guess if he means that much to you it's worth pursuing. I realise you're being honest with how many guys you've slept with, but if I was in his position with a LDR that would be in the back of my mind and thus trust has to be solid. I'm not saying this will be the case - but also if you go in to a relationship and things don't go well, there is the possibility things won't go back to the same as they are now.

I had been in friendzone when I was in uni - situation was similar actually... Was best friend with this girl for ages (she even let me sleep over without anything happening), who was a year below me, long story short when the realisation that I was going off to do my masters at a different uni - all the things she took for granted of me made her realise consciously what I meant to her. So she started seeing my in a romantic way, i.e. perhaps what happening with you(?) - I also was standing by her through a break-up and seeing several guys trying to chase her. When it changed, I could tell from the way she looked at me, it was different, and how she would make more effort.

I think you just need to meet him in person and show your intent clearly. The good thing is you two are comfortable with each other so you can easily induce the situation.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending