The Student Room Group

why do girls comment on their ugly friends photos and say they look amazing?

Scroll to see replies

Looks are for the most part opinion anyway, a lot of it is down to things like age, fashion sense, body language and stature.

I see so many girls that to me look trashy and overrated as I think they are just young girls with so much make up they look orange. not that I think they are ugly as much as they are just no better than most other girls you see so are just the modern verison of average, add 5-10 years on them and they will look like a dogs dinner and even at their current age under that make up is the beginning of wrinkles/bad skin and the such.

Seen so many "pretty" girls the morning after even in their very early 20s who have wrinkles and even look like a different person.

Its obivious OP is a troll or a kid or both.
Maybe because they think their friend does look amazing?
:toofunny:This is why compliments from my friends don't mean much.
I've seen it happen so many times before.
to show support for their friend and make them feel good about themselves :smile:

Its not something i tend to do haha
So the favor is returned. :pierre:
Original post by SinsNotTragedies
This.

It is normal to want to build up your friends' confidence. You can't do much to change your looks (attractiveness is subjective anyway) in the majority of cases, so why not promote self-love and happiness, compliments do just this and they're so simple and wonderful to give out. :h:

there is a difference between accepting you are ugly and being fine with that, and deluding yourself into thinking you look great when you clearly arent
Original post by Straighthate
there is a difference between accepting you are ugly and being fine with that, and deluding yourself into thinking you look great when you clearly arent

And why does it matter to you either way? If someone thinks they look great then let them. :h: There's no harm in believing you're beautiful.
It's just what girls do:dontknow: Personally, I just wouldn't say anything. I hate the thought of being led into a false sense of security.
it does not matter what you look like. it is what is inside you that is important.
Because a lot of the time they'll actually look good in the photo. Like I don't give empty compliments to my friends, I won't say anything if they don't look good or tell them "I don't think that photo is nice". I've seen what I would consider "pretty" people online get less than 50 likes and not so unattractive people get 1K likes. Validation through the internet is a silly, silly, thing.
Original post by Straighthate

I get the whole "why is everyone gassing her up" thing. But, at the end of the day, you have to be comfortable with what you look like, self love over self hate man.
Similar to above, lets say a plain/less attractive person spends extra time on their appperance they can go from rough looking to much nicer if not quite pretty so whilst not as pretty as natural "better looking" women its a huge improvement and makes them look really good for what they are.
I either comment sarcastically or I don't comment at all :colonhash:
confidence boost. I sometimes compliment people on the 'post a pic of yourself' thread and they're ugly af
Everyone has a different perception on people's "looks" and if their friend looks better than they normally do , then obviously they are going to comment on how good they look, people don't have friend because they look nice or ugly people have friends because of who they are as a person.

Don't get me wrong though we live in a society where people judge people based on how they look and how they dress, it's actually quite sad this happens as there's plenty of great people out there who are less fortunate than other and are not giving the opportunity to show there personality, a persons personality brings the beauty out in them regardless of how they look or what they wear.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Ugliness is defined differently by different people.
Because friends give each other confidence :yep:
Original post by ||TheUnknown||
Because, most of the time, their friends DO look amazing :colonhash:

:rofl:
Original post by AlphaMaleOfPeace
:rofl:

Funny, I was just looking at your thread :colonhash:
Original post by Proxenus
confidence boost. I sometimes compliment people on the 'post a pic of yourself' thread and they're ugly af

[video="youtube;Iakhs-U5yas"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iakhs-U5yas[/video]

Quick Reply

Latest