The Student Room Group

Changing courses

Hi guys

I am currently re-doing first year of Aerospace Eng at UWE and I really want to change course to Psychology (still at UWE). Since the start of the year, I started hating Aero (so much so that after november I stopped attending lectures and I didn't attend the summer exams), but I wasn't sure what degree I wanted to do which is why it took me two years to change my mind. I have booked an appointment with a student advisor at my uni to speak about this (I'm still waiting to go).

The big thing I am worried about is whether student finance would be willing to still sponsor me?

If you have any advice/information/experience about this, could you please share it with me?

Thanks a lot :biggrin:
Original post by AndreiGhimpu
Hi guys

I am currently re-doing first year of Aerospace Eng at UWE and I really want to change course to Psychology (still at UWE). Since the start of the year, I started hating Aero (so much so that after november I stopped attending lectures and I didn't attend the summer exams), but I wasn't sure what degree I wanted to do which is why it took me two years to change my mind. I have booked an appointment with a student advisor at my uni to speak about this (I'm still waiting to go).

The big thing I am worried about is whether student finance would be willing to still sponsor me?

If you have any advice/information/experience about this, could you please share it with me?

Thanks a lot :biggrin:

You wont get funding for the whole degree, only the last two years I'm afraid.
Reply 2
Original post by claireestelle
You wont get funding for the whole degree, only the last two years I'm afraid.

I haven't passed my first year yet, meaning that I don't have a Certificate of Higher Education. I remember reading a similar post last year about someone who was in my same situation, but Student Finance refused to fund his first year because he passed it and obtained a CertHE. Is this still the case?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending