The Student Room Group

Gap Year Problems

I am going to apply for student finance by Friday for a course I have received offers for, however I am going to take a gap year most likely, my question is come results day and I decline their offer, will they take any of my money?
Original post by Sniperdon227
I am going to apply for student finance by Friday for a course I have received offers for, however I am going to take a gap year most likely, my question is come results day and I decline their offer, will they take any of my money?

If there's any chance you could go to university in 2016 then apply as soon as you can (by the deadline if possible). If you miss the deadline and decide you will go this year then you could end up with no money through during your first term.

Your finance only gets paid (to you or to your uni) after your university send SLC confirmation that you have physically turned up for the course. If you decide after results to take a gap year then your loan application will be cancelled automatically.

You have to apply for finance for every year that you're at university - that means if you take a gap year then you have to apply again as a new student for 2017 entry.
Cheers for that shall do SFE tomorrow

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending