The Student Room Group

I'm so alone.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Anonymous
:frown: maybe your friends don't know you feel like that you should say something

Original post by fatima1998
:console:
what about in your school/college/uni :erm:

It's difficult to explain but I'll try...I seem to have a lot of friends as I'm quite popular and even a handful of people I'm close to, but I'm just not somebody that people approach. I'll chat with people, but they won't start chats with me...and that's with both my uni friends and online. Unless I make the effort, I won't hear from anyone.

Original post by nomophobia
You need to be proactive, make plans with your friends and even if they cancel last minute, it's fine, just keep making more plans.

Talk to more people around you, even just that random girl who you've never talked to before - most people are nice. And eventually you'll hit that pot of gold and make lifelong friends and never feel lonely again.

I'm always the one making friends. I always offer to travel out of town to visit people, or when at uni offer people to come over for drinking, games etc. More often than not, nothing happens.

I do talk to random people, but nobody seems interested in me. If I'm at a party and start chatting to people, I've noticed I'll be the only person they've met that night they won't follow up with on facebook or whatever.

Original post by XcitingStuart
Start on here and learn from it.

I've tried talking to people on here yet after one or two messages the conversations will just drop.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending