The Student Room Group

Ask any question about Shia-Islam thread

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Tawheed
Yes, he is, but his views are shared by many ashari and matruidi shuyukh, paticularly on the issue of tawassul and istigatha, and these orthodox sunni groups often fall victim to salafi's.

I don't know anything about Asrar Rashid, but I have seen a video of him explicitly denying that he is a Barelvi.
Reply 601
Original post by Leukocyte
Yet again you have completely missed the point. I find it amusing. It has clearly been said that if the Imaam is not of the nature described in the fatwa it is OK to pray.

Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa billaah.

You produced a Fatwah stating that anyone who believes it is permissible to ask those dead for help, like the Prophet [saw] , one can not pray behind such a person.

I gave you a video where Shaykh Hamzah Yusuf stated it is absolutely permissible to do so, and allowed to ask the Prophet [saw] directly for help, with the intention it is not independent of Allah, nor outside his will and that the Prophet [saw] is only interceding for you and making a dua and you seek Allah through the blessings of the Prophet [saw].

Is Shaykh Hamzah Yusuf therefore, someone you would deem impermissible to pray behind?

[video="youtube;TFezsaQnzhk"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TFezsaQnzhk[/video]

Remember sister, you initiated this entire debate by coming into the thread and finding it necessary to cause this , by telling another brother that he should not seek love and brotherhood with shia's, and that it is impermissible to pray behind them, following that on by giving us fatwah's from well known salafi shayks like ibn baz etc.
Reply 602
Original post by Boondock Saint
I don't know anything about Asrar Rashid, but I have seen a video of him explicitly denying that he is a Barelvi.

Would he be an ashari or matruidi?

To be honest brother Boondock, while you may profusely disagree with the shia madhab on a number of issues, i must warn you that the majority of people online these days are influenced by the salafi madhab, due to their superior funding, adeptness of media, and it is a real shame to see orthodox ahlus-sunnah wal jamaah scholars regarded deviant, ashari's regarded 'kalam deviants', and anyone believing in tawassul or istigatha as mushrikeen, even if they are among the scholars of orthodox ahlus-sunnah.

You are literally the only ashari i have seen who declares themselves so, and i am sat here wondering where the rest of you are because , no matter how much you would disagree with shia islam, i am sure one thing you would agree with is that currently, islamqa and the salafi manhaj are trying to stake claim to the fact only their interpretation is orthodox ahlus-sunnah wal jamaah.

Can you tell me of any ashari or matruidi websites, forums or anything of the sort i can visit to speak directly to orthodox ahlus-sunnah shuyukh?
Original post by Tawheed
I sort of did, but it seems no-one read it :frown:

Brother Farhan, my sincerest apologies, as you can see i have been over-run with questions in the last 15 minutes when i should really be doing coursework. I will make sure to reserve a special position for you to make up for this.

No worries bro.
As you said once you answer other questions we can continue inshaAllah.
Reply 604

Let me know if you can get me the video.
Original post by childofthesun
Might be easier to have a compilation of FAQs in the original post. Too many people asking questions that have already been answered in the thread

brb never praying behind ur infidel soul
Reply 606
Original post by Palmyra
brb never praying behind ur infidel soul

It's okay, we're used to hate. All i have to say is, i consider ahlus-sunnah wal jamaah as muslims, and i believe we can agree to disagree peacefully on our differences.

Interesting you have 'Palmyra' as your name, the once strong-hold of Daesh, who also regard us to be 'kuffars'.
Original post by Tawheed

There was a big debate about this:

[video="youtube;FYRKuquV7_M"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FYRKuquV7_M[/video]

I wouldn't call this a debate.
And lol at the show of books, everyone brought their entire libraries/borrowed books with them.
Original post by Tawheed
Let me know if you can get me the video.

I'm not sure which video he said this in, but I'm pretty sure it was in one involving Ustadh Abdulrahman Hassan, the problem is that those videos are all a few hours long, so it would involve going through several hours of footage. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to do that.
Original post by Tawheed
It's okay, we're used to hate. All i have to say is, i consider ahlus-sunnah wal jamaah as muslims, and i believe we can agree to disagree peacefully on our differences.

Interesting you have 'Palmyra' as your name, the once strong-hold of Daesh, who also regard us to be 'kuffars'.

He's joking :smile:
Reply 610
Original post by Leukocyte

Laa hawla wa laa quwwata illa billaah.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is a wonderful dua, and one of the most beloved go-to duas of the Messenger of Allah, Muhammed [saw]. Whenever i read it, it reminds me of the Messenger of Allah [saw].
Reply 611
Original post by Al-farhan
I wouldn't call this a debate.
And lol at the show of books, everyone brought their entire libraries/borrowed books with them.

Yes, it was a flawed debate in the end, and bringing their entire libraries was hilarious :laugh:, but you have to these days on all sides.
Reply 612
I'm not sure which video he said this in, but I'm pretty sure it was in one involving Ustadh Abdulrahman Hassan, the problem is that those videos are all a few hours long, so it would involve going through several hours of footage. Unfortunately, I don't have the time to do that.

No problem brother
Original post by Tawheed

I'm just teasing her, the way you react to the pure vitriol you get from sunnis is very commendable.

although she actually is an infidel
Reply 614
Original post by Palmyra
I'm just teasing her, the way you react to the pure vitriol you get from sunnis is very commendable.

although she actually is an infidel

I must say here, it is not all sunni's or even most. You have a good number here who despite disagreement, maintain their manners and civility. It's only the odd ones who act in this manner and many other sunni's here have called them out as well.

My issue has never been against the ahlus-sunnah. I get told off for saying this, but many of my family members are sunni's, as well as my only living grandmother, cousins, aunt etc.

I am only really here to do away with misconception people have of shias, or at least clarify legitimate differences in their proper context, to harbour understanding and peaceful coexistence.
(edited 7 years ago)
Original post by Tawheed
I must say here, it is not all sunni's or even most. You have a good number here who despite disagreement, maintain their manners an civility. It's only the odd ones who act in this manner and many other sunni's here have called them out as well.

My issue has never been against the ahlus-sunnah. I get told off for saying this, but many of my family members are sunni's, as well as my only living grandmother, cousins, aunt etc.

ideasforlife, al farhan, leukocyte all clearly view you as outside of the fold of islam, lets not pretend otherwise.

the sheer rudeness these sunnis show you is astonishing, and I've yet to see any of the other sunnis intervene.

but, as i said, it is commendable that you remain civil and kind despite the people you have to deal with.
Original post by Palmyra
ideasforlife, al farhan, leukocyte all clearly view you as outside of the fold of islam, lets not pretend otherwise.

the sheer rudeness these sunnis show you is astonishing, and I've yet to see any of the other sunnis intervene.

but, as i said, it is commendable that you remain civil and kind despite the people you have to deal with.

:lol:
#Salafist
Reply 617
Original post by Palmyra

I would remove Al Farhan outside of that bracket directly, and maybe the other two, though no doubt there is hostility shown. Al Farhan for example, has defended me to be a muslim , no matter how much he and i disagree. I'm not sure where i stand with the other two, but i won't make any judgements.
Original post by Tawheed
I would remove Al Farhan outside of that bracket directly, and maybe the other two, though no doubt there is hostility shown. Al Farhan for example, has defended me to be a muslim , no matter how much he and i disagree. I'm not sure where i stand with the other two, but i won't make any judgements.

you know exactly where you stand, but i respect you not wanting to say so explicitly for the sake of maintaining civility.
Original post by Tawheed
Would he be an ashari or matruidi?

To be honest brother Boondock, while you may profusely disagree with the shia madhab on a number of issues, i must warn you that the majority of people online these days are influenced by the salafi madhab, due to their superior funding, adeptness of media, and it is a real shame to see orthodox ahlus-sunnah wal jamaah scholars regarded deviant, ashari's regarded 'kalam deviants', and anyone believing in tawassul or istigatha as mushrikeen, even if they are among the scholars of orthodox ahlus-sunnah.

You are literally the only ashari i have seen who declares themselves so, and i am sat here wondering where the rest of you are because , no matter how much you would disagree with shia islam, i am sure one thing you would agree with is that currently, islamqa and the salafi manhaj are trying to stake claim to the fact only their interpretation is orthodox ahlus-sunnah wal jamaah.

Can you tell me of any ashari or matruidi websites, forums or anything of the sort i can visit to speak directly to orthodox ahlus-sunnah shuyukh?

I don't remember ever "declaring" myself to be an Ashari, but I suppose the first website that comes to mind is http://eng.dar-alifta.org/foreign/

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending