The Student Room Group
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Can anyone clarify what happens if you fail a referral/resit?

I have a referral coursework, my grade code is FRENC. I think I would be better off re-enrolling due to personal reasons to try and get a better grade overall. I've completed the referral coursework but I'm not confident I'll do well.

What I'm confused about is: if I try to submit the coursework, will that count as a 'second attempt' at the module, and if I fail at this point will I be allowed to still re-enroll? Or, do I not get any further attempts and will be barred from trying again?

I've emailed my course leader but it's kind of last minute. I'd really appreciate any help on this. Even if anyone has ever failed a regular resit and could tell me what happened, I imagine the regulations would probably be similar (my course is online).
even if you re-enroll on the module you'll get capped at 40% ... unless you don't submit the work, and apply for Serious Adverse Circumstances (that's the only process to not getting capped) , but for that you'll need evidence of the issues (ie from a doctor) .

When you submit coursework it's understood you've agreed to the University’s ‘fit to sit’ policy under SAC which means if you applied for SAC and submitted it

If your lecture is still on campus and you need an answer you could always try and ring them on their office phone . ( If you don't know their number, private message their name and department and i'll find it for you)

Luke
Students outside, University of Hertfordshire
University of Hertfordshire
Hatfield
Visit website

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending