The Student Room Group

2017 Bristol medicine hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by BadLashes
Apparently they have only started sending out interview offers. Your stats excellent. I have same GCSES as you, AAAA achieved and slightly higher UKCAT and not heard anything either. Everyone applies to Bristol with a strong PS. I gather that you need to tick the right boxes. Last year I applied was rejected so I asked for feedback. I got full marks for accademics but I fell down on the personal statement as I did not write enough about my hobbies! I basically wrote all about my medical work experience, volunteering and what I got out of it etc. So I reduced the medical stuff and put in the hobbies this year. It was hard to know what to take out ! My UKCAT was 660 - if it had been higher I would have avoided Bristol because it is so subjective.

Thank you sm! I wrote about and reflected on some hobbies (Grade 8 flute, creative writing, indoor rock climbing), so hopefully I'll be ok?
Best of luck!
Original post by ameliatrevelyan
Hi! your stats are really good dw, especially as bristol don't heavily consider the ukcat! I wouldn't worry, someone called the other day and they haven't even started looking at some applications, just hold tight, I'm still waiting too!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you and good luck!
I think still considering means what it says so don't worry. You did your best, the applications are in. Just have to wait now! :smile:

I don't know if it's useful info but I applied as a graduate with IB 37 (666), 2:1 Biomed from King's and UKCAT VR:500 (oops, the nerves got me and I temporarily couldn't read lol) QR:710 AR:730 AVG: 647. I got an interview and just did it yesterday. I don't think my stats are great but I think I did have a strong PS.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 783
Original post by camillamoesiig
I think still considering means what it says so don't worry. You did your best, the applications are in. Just have to wait now! :smile:

I don't know if it's useful info but I applied as a graduate with IB 37 (666), 2:1 Biomed from King's and UKCAT VR:500 (oops, the nerves got me and I temporarily couldn't read lol) QR:710 AR:710 AVG: 647. I got an interview and just did it yesterday. I don't think my stats are great but I think I did have a strong PS.

How was the interview? And wow your AR and QR scores are INSANE

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jimout
How was the interview? And wow your AR and QR scores are INSANE

Posted from TSR Mobile

I think it went well so I'm hopeful. Fingers crossed :s-smilie:. Still massively nervous to hear back though! Obviously I can't give any info about the MMIs. If anyone get's an interview offer though, I'd just say don't worry about it. It's way less intimidating than I thought it would be!

Haha thanks they were better than I thought they would be when I did it! VR really pulled my avg down though.
Reply 785
I think it went well so I'm hopeful. Fingers crossed :s-smilie:. Still massively nervous to hear back though! Obviously I can't give any info about the MMIs. If anyone get's an interview offer though, I'd just say don't worry about it. It's way less intimidating than I thought it would be!

Haha thanks they were better than I thought they would be when I did it! VR really pulled my avg down though.

Do you know when they should be getting back to you with regards to an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jimout
Do you know when they should be getting back to you with regards to an offer?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Within 2 weeks from yesterday they said.
Within 2 weeks from yesterday they said.

Last year they said that but were not totally true to their word. People were continually refreshing their email exactly 2 weeks after the interview but getting nothing lol ! Basically what happens if you did very well then you will get offer. Did badly a rejection or they may just keep you waiting until they have interviewed more people. That is what people thought was happening last year.

Hi, How many students were being interviewed yesterday ?
Original post by M_Javaid
When I was interviewed on Wednesday, there was about 20 of us.

Wow that's so few... Were there more sessions later/earlier in the day?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I dont think they were able to fill the November slots. It is normally 40 in the morning session and 40 in the afternoon. Last year they didnt do November interviews . I guess they will put on extra dates in February to make up for that.
Hey guys, okay so my applications are handled by this admission consultant firm, and today they have checked and seen that i had a 19 Nov Interview invite for Bristol which i didnt respond to. Didnt receive any email from Bristol, just when they checked on the UCAS site did we find the Interview invitation. Has this happened to anyone before?What should i do, really stressed here, im an international student btw and my other offers are end of Jan so i wouldve anyways requested Bristol to switch my date. Really appreciate any advice
Reply 791
Original post by Dubaistudent101
Hey guys, okay so my applications are handled by this admission consultant firm, and today they have checked and seen that i had a 19 Nov Interview invite for Bristol which i didnt respond to. Didnt receive any email from Bristol, just when they checked on the UCAS site did we find the Interview invitation. Has this happened to anyone before?What should i do, really stressed here, im an international student btw and my other offers are end of Jan so i wouldve anyways requested Bristol to switch my date. Really appreciate any advice

On your Bristol VIP page does it not give you the option to book an interview, perhaps for January?

[URL="http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app"]Posted from TSR Mobile[/URL

Bristol weren't even interviewing on the 19th, they started on the 22nd? Are you sure that the email didn't invite you for an interview at some point in Dec/January? The only thing you could do is call them on Monday to see what they say. Also, maybe take control of your application instead of leaving it with a company.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 793
Who's coming in for interview on the 24th Jan 12.20?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by iamDev
Who's coming in for interview on the 24th Jan 12.20?
Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm coming on the 24th of Jan but at 1:35. Anybody else coming on that date and time?

This is the website where Bristol lists its interview dates: http://www.bristol.ac.uk/applicants/interviews-visits/interviews/medicine/

It doesn't interview on the 19th of anything. Are you sure this agency is up to par? As other people have suggested, I think it's time you take control of your application. Also, the UCAS Track website doesn't update with offers of interview, only rejection/acceptance. If there was a notification on Track, then I'm sorry to say it was a rejection.
Wait have the january slot people already been invited to interview? This waiting game Is literally killing me, just want to have all my decisions back already :frown: only got one interview so far havnt heard back from the rest
Reply 797
Original post by isabella1999
Wait have the january slot people already been invited to interview? This waiting game Is literally killing me, just want to have all my decisions back already :frown: only got one interview so far havnt heard back from the rest

Where's your interview?

[URL="http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app"]Posted from TSR Mobile[/URL

I'm jealous that you have one! I still haven't heard from anyone yet 😭

Posted from TSR Mobile
only got one interview so far

Then you are incredibly lucky.

Many people do only get one - and many other, often very good, people don't get any at all.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending