The Student Room Group

2017 Bristol medicine hopefuls

Scroll to see replies

Original post by erinls2
7A*'s 3A's at GCSE, 713 UKCAT with band 1, 2A's at AS predicted A*A*A*A

OMG amazing stats! dont be disheartened its their loss :smile:
Original post by erinls2

Sorry to hear that. Your stats are first class and better than mine. I have not heard anything yet. Did you get a still considering email ?

Was it an email from Bristol or was it just track ?
Reply 1782
Original post by erinls2
I just got rejected from Bristol :frown:(((

im so sorry, Its their loss,

Are you an international student?

Are there any more international students left to be interviewed? I still have not gotten an update...
Original post by rehmanator
OMG amazing stats! dont be disheartened its their loss :smile:

Thank you very much :smile: And yeah, I mean I was very upset at first (it was my first choice university, unfortunately) but in their email they said that my application was very strong and so they'd like me to apply for one of these other courses (they gave me a choice of 7) and so I've written back to them and transferred to their BSc in Pharmacology, so hopefully I might get that!
Original post by BadLashes
Sorry to hear that. Your stats are first class and better than mine. I have not heard anything yet. Did you get a still considering email ?

Was it an email from Bristol or was it just track ?

Thank you - and hey, it's 70% personal statement, so maybe I just missed out or something. Nope, I didn't have a single email since October until today!
Original post by ATE99

Are there any more international students left to be interviewed? I still have not gotten an update...

Thank you, I appreciate you saying that :smile: And no, I'm a UK student - sorry I can't be of any more help there
Why do rejections come out every Thurs 😣
Original post by zozeebo11
Why do rejections come out every Thurs 😣

Hmmm when do offers come out?
Reply 1788
When do you think their final interviews will be given out?
Original post by erinls2

Was this post-interview? What sorta volunteering/work experience/extra-curriculars did you write about? Are you a UK applicant?
Original post by kieranfb
Was this post-interview? What sorta volunteering/work experience/extra-curriculars did you write about? Are you a UK applicant?

Nope, pre interview :frown: so I had a week in Neurology, 3 days in respiratory medicine in hospital, 3 days in a GP surgery and 3 days in Gastrointestinal surgery, along with over a year of volunteering in a care home and riding for the disabled.For extra curriculars, I'm post grade 8 on both the violin and harp and lead our county youth orchestra, having played in places such as the Royal Albert Hall. I'm also a youth exhibitioner at St Anne's college, Oxford uni :smile: so mainly things like that
Do you think they'll give out all the rejections first and then offers or already know who they're interviewing and rejecting the rest?
Original post by ATE99

Hey, I'm an international that was just rejected today. I know one or two have already been interviewed but I don't think Bristol is working through our applications as a chunk.
Hi there, I sorry to hear about your rejection. My son had the same email today (pre-interview) so has Manchester as his only remaining option for medicine this year. I wondered whether you had received any offers/awaiting offers from any of your other choices this year or is pharmacology what you would now prefer to do? It's difficult to know what this particular offer to change course means-is it like a free extra choice in addition to the other 5 applications? My son pretty much ignored it as he has no intention of doing anything other than medicine but I'm wondering whether he should take the offer to change as a back-up plan perhaps?
Original post by erinls2
Thank you very much :smile: And yeah, I mean I was very upset at first (it was my first choice university, unfortunately) but in their email they said that my application was very strong and so they'd like me to apply for one of these other courses (they gave me a choice of 7) and so I've written back to them and transferred to their BSc in Pharmacology, so hopefully I might get that!
Original post by Nicecuppat
Hi there, I sorry to hear about your rejection. My son had the same email today (pre-interview) so has Manchester as his only remaining option for medicine this year. I wondered whether you had received any offers/awaiting offers from any of your other choices this year or is pharmacology what you would now prefer to do? It's difficult to know what this particular offer to change course means-is it like a free extra choice in addition to the other 5 applications? My son pretty much ignored it as he has no intention of doing anything other than medicine but I'm wondering whether he should take the offer to change as a back-up plan perhaps?

Hi, sorry to hear about your son. I've gone with it as a back up because I decided that having an offer for something is better than an offer for nothing! I haven't got decisions from my 3 other med schools or my non-medicine choice yet so it's still very much a waiting game
I think that's probably a good idea, when he eventually gets up I'll mention it! He cancelled his non-medicine place because he needed to write a new ps for it at the time that all his medicine choices were sending out additional information forms. He's quite happy to take a year out and try again if he doesn't get an offer this year but I work in a secondary school and see some students who fail to get the grades they wanted (students whose predictions were really high but sometimes it just goes wrong) so I think he should really consider taking Bristol up on their offer so he has a back up if he doesn't get the grades to do medicine. It's such a hard course to get into! Good luck with all of yours!
Original post by erinls2
Hi, sorry to hear about your son. I've gone with it as a back up because I decided that having an offer for something is better than an offer for nothing! I haven't got decisions from my 3 other med schools or my non-medicine choice yet so it's still very much a waiting game
Original post by Nicecuppat
I think that's probably a good idea, when he eventually gets up I'll mention it! He cancelled his non-medicine place because he needed to write a new ps for it at the time that all his medicine choices were sending out additional information forms. He's quite happy to take a year out and try again if he doesn't get an offer this year but I work in a secondary school and see some students who fail to get the grades they wanted (students whose predictions were really high but sometimes it just goes wrong) so I think he should really consider taking Bristol up on their offer so he has a back up if he doesn't get the grades to do medicine. It's such a hard course to get into! Good luck with all of yours!

I'd say that'd be a wise decision, just in case - you don't want to risk it if the grades go wrong :smile:
2 questions. Has anyone received a March interview from Bristol yet? And how many weeks prior to the interview do they tell you that you have an interview?
I got an interview today and you can choose which of the dates in March suits you best. So, for me, I found out a month in advance.
Original post by Mariee1234
I got an interview today and you can choose which of the dates in March suits you best. So, for me, I found out a month in advance.

did you get your invite to interview today or have your actual interview today?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending