The Student Room Group

Rejected from somewhere I used to work?

So i used to work for river island but i went to uni. now I've come back i applied again at a different store but THEY KNOW I USED TO WORK FOR THEM. And they rejected me-Like how?

Lowkey i getting very stressed because if I cannot pass a retail interview, how the hell can i pass interviews for banks etc?
The way they probably looked at it, was you worked for them and quit, why would they hire you again if you're just going to quit again?
Original post by Iwouldliketoknow
So i used to work for river island but i went to uni. now I've come back i applied again at a different store but THEY KNOW I USED TO WORK FOR THEM. And they rejected me-Like how?

Lowkey i getting very stressed because if I cannot pass a retail interview, how the hell can i pass interviews for banks etc?

I know that some places have policies that if you work for them and leave, you cant go back. Its like there where i work.

THIS IS ME AF.

Mate, they wouldn't transfer me so I had to quit. Now, the one in my uni town are rejecting me? Like I cannot even.
Original post by madmorgss
THIS IS ME AF.

Mate, they wouldn't transfer me so I had to quit. Now, the one in my uni town are rejecting me? Like I cannot even.

a mate of mine said they are becoming stricter but for what- the managers are crp
i have been rejected for 4 stores including my original one!
a mate of mine said they are becoming stricter but for what- the managers are crp
i have been rejected for 4 stores including my original one!

Exactly! I don't understand why they're being stricter. It's not a good pay rate, like its just decent discount tbh. Ahhhh :frown: i have an interview for one, but its not in my uni town, its in the next city. ugh.

That is the problem nowadays. When people leave their part time jobs to study at university - thats it there is no going back, because they WILL think that you are just going to leave again due to your high aspirations etc.
A lot of graduates have done this, got themselves a retail job and leave when something better comes up. This is why most graduates cannot even get retail jobs after university.
Original post by Boreism
That is the problem nowadays. When people leave their part time jobs to study at university - thats it there is no going back, because they WILL think that you are just going to leave again due to your high aspirations etc.
A lot of graduates have done this, got themselves a retail job and leave when something better comes up. This is why most graduates cannot even get retail jobs after university.

I agree.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending