Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So i used to work for river island but i went to uni. now I've come back i applied again at a different store but THEY KNOW I USED TO WORK FOR THEM. And they rejected me-Like how?

Lowkey i getting very stressed because if I cannot pass a retail interview, how the hell can i pass interviews for banks etc?

ReputationRep:
    The way they probably looked at it, was you worked for them and quit, why would they hire you again if you're just going to quit again?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iwouldliketoknow)
    So i used to work for river island but i went to uni. now I've come back i applied again at a different store but THEY KNOW I USED TO WORK FOR THEM. And they rejected me-Like how?

Lowkey i getting very stressed because if I cannot pass a retail interview, how the hell can i pass interviews for banks etc?
    I know that some places have policies that if you work for them and leave, you cant go back. Its like there where i work.

ReputationRep:

THIS IS ME AF.

Mate, they wouldn't transfer me so I had to quit. Now, the one in my uni town are rejecting me? Like I cannot even.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madmorgss)
    THIS IS ME AF.

Mate, they wouldn't transfer me so I had to quit. Now, the one in my uni town are rejecting me? Like I cannot even.
    a mate of mine said they are becoming stricter but for what- the managers are crp
    i have been rejected for 4 stores including my original one!

ReputationRep:
    a mate of mine said they are becoming stricter but for what- the managers are crp
    i have been rejected for 4 stores including my original one!
    Exactly! I don't understand why they're being stricter. It's not a good pay rate, like its just decent discount tbh. Ahhhh i have an interview for one, but its not in my uni town, its in the next city. ugh.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant

That is the problem nowadays. When people leave their part time jobs to study at university - thats it there is no going back, because they WILL think that you are just going to leave again due to your high aspirations etc.
    A lot of graduates have done this, got themselves a retail job and leave when something better comes up. This is why most graduates cannot even get retail jobs after university.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Boreism)
    That is the problem nowadays. When people leave their part time jobs to study at university - thats it there is no going back, because they WILL think that you are just going to leave again due to your high aspirations etc.
    A lot of graduates have done this, got themselves a retail job and leave when something better comes up. This is why most graduates cannot even get retail jobs after university.
    I agree.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.