The Student Room Group

How to deal with seeing an ex

Alright so soon my ex will come down to my city with her family for my sisters wedding and I don't know how to deal with seeing her again.

I hate her, but I want to be mature and just deal with seeing her. She is the reason why I have messed up with other girls and why I just don't smile anymore, but my family likes her and think she's sweet.

How do I be mature, knowing that every word that comes out of her mouth I'll hate.
Original post by Mike_91
Alright so soon my ex will come down to my city with her family for my sisters wedding and I don't know how to deal with seeing her again.

I hate her, but I want to be mature and just deal with seeing her. She is the reason why I have messed up with other girls and why I just don't smile anymore, but my family likes her and think she's sweet.

How do I be mature, knowing that every word that comes out of her mouth I'll hate.

Just try and stay away from her where you can, and when you are with her just be polite. Say hello and goodbye and just use general manners. Excuse yourself if she's part of a larger conversation with other people. You don't have to strike up a conversation with her if you don't want to, just try and be polite and courteous and you'll be fine. It'll be difficult, but it's not forever and it's not for all that long. Will you have any friends or anything there that know how you feel? You might be able to hang around with them and they'll help you stay calm and cool and help you out of any unwanted situations with her. Just remember that you are there for your sister, not for you and not for your ex. Enjoy the wedding!
Reply 2
Give her a roundhouse kick. It'll make you feel better and the wedding will go smoothly from then on.
Reply 3
The best strategy is to appear completely happy and over her. You don't need to search out talking to her, but don't shy away from it either. If you can bring along complete babe as a partner so much the better. This type of thing is a real ordeal but in hindsight you will feel better if you've dealt with it maturely with your head held high.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending