Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now

Compelling personal circumstances

ReputationRep:
    Basically I did one term of my second year in the year 14/15 before having my daughter in the January, as a result I withdrew from my studies.

I returned this year 15/16 and think I've failed the second year due to bad time management with a baby and my daughter wasn't in nursery (we have one lined up for this year though!)

If I was to retake the second year would I be funded as having a baby I'd say are compelling personal circumstances as to why I withdrew?

Thanks in advance!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Having a baby isn't a good enough reason.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    well I guess I won't be completing uni then! Thanks for getting back to me! x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaR11)
    well I guess I won't be completing uni then! Thanks for getting back to me! x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Must admit, I think you could make a sound case for CPR if you could get your GP to back you up. Motherhood isn't straightforward and some people can handle it alongside study. Some can't. From your other post, you have also been battling Post-Natal Depression, which is definitely a health issue beyond your control.

It's worth a call to Student Finance to see whether your situation would automatically exclude you from claiming CPR. Make sure they know about the PND. My feeling is that you'll be in with a very decent chance.

You don't have your results - don't give up yet. You've come so far in the last year.*

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Klix88)
    Must admit, I think you could make a sound case for CPR if you could get your GP to back you up. Motherhood isn't straightforward and some people can handle it alongside study. Some can't. From your other post, you have also been battling Post-Natal Depression, which is definitely a health issue beyond your control.

It's worth a call to Student Finance to see whether your situation would automatically exclude you from claiming CPR. Make sure they know about the PND. My feeling is that you'll be in with a very decent chance.

You don't have your results - don't give up yet. You've come so far in the last year.*
    Thanks for the positivity! I really appreciate it x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tiger Rag)
    Just to make you aware me having a baby in term time was accepted as CPR, just letting you know for future reference if you advise anyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AnnaR11)
    Just to make you aware me having a baby in term time was accepted as CPR, just letting you know for future reference if you advise anyone else

Posted from TSR Mobile
    There's got to be far more to it though than just having a baby.

Poll
Which party will you be voting for in the General Election 2017?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.