The Student Room Group

uni and GCSE

I just finished my GCSE.

i was told this year by a teacher that the government had raised the bar on requirements to get grades as too many people were getting A* and A.so most peoples grades dropped by a grade.

I couldn't find anything online about it but saying it is true does this mean UNI's that i apply to after i finished my A Levels will take the raised standards into account when looking at applicants.

Also do UNI take the average performance of my school and local area into account while comparing me to other applicants
This is almost impossible to answer as no one knows what the situation regarding grades will be then. I suspect the very top universities will still require the same grades as now.
As far as schooling goes universities have different policies. Some make contextual offers whilst others don't. For example Bristol and Exeter offer lower grades if your schools A level results are in the bottom 40% the previous year. Others go on post codes. You will need to check each policy when you are applying

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending