The Student Room Group

How can I get more confident with girls?

I'm about to start college and my college year only has about 100 people in it so everyone will know each other well. My college is also a school so people already are friends with each other but I'm new there.

How can I get more confident with girls and talk to them without boring them?
Original post by Anonymous
I'm about to start college and my college year only has about 100 people in it so everyone will know each other well. My college is also a school so people already are friends with each other but I'm new there.

How can I get more confident with girls and talk to them without boring them?

I'm going to try and speak on behalf of girls despite only having my opinion to go by

1. Be you- Don't try and be someone you aren't or lie about petty things to make yourself seems 'interesting' because its easy to tell.

2. Don't grill them with questions- they don't want to play 20 questions. Just start small and friendly, even a bit pathetic like what's the time or help with a question and you build a (don't know what to call it) a mutual respect?? But then you can actually have in-depth conversations without it feeling planned

3. Don't always talk about yourself or try and sell yourself to them- let them talk about themselves, of course still talk about yourself because then it turns into the 20 questions thins but don't make it a contest on who is better.

4. Don't agree with everything they say- if you agree with everything and just say yes to everything then there is no conversation, sometimes dissagreements spark up conversation and make them more passionate about what they are talking about.

Don't want to go on forever but those are some of my opinions and tips but just be happy and open, not just to the girl you want to talk to but in general because giving of friendly an happy vibes will make people happy to talk to you despite you being new. Good luck :wink:
Master fractionation.
Look big and constantly cock your leg up on desks, chairs, anything. Lean on a cocked leg with your sunglasses on right next to a female. Lean forward a bit, peer over your glasses and say "Hey lil mama you looking fine." Also, try not caring about 90% of the talking you do. Just talk. Even if it's boring, you can only learn by practise.
Just strike up a conversation with them. They ain't scary.

Well, sometimes they can be. :tongue:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending