The Student Room Group

My best friend thinks I should sleep around to 'catch' a man?

Anon please. I'm in my mid 20s and I've been celibate for years now, waiting for the right guy.

I want something meaningful, and to feel trust and respect before having sex. But the men seem to lose patience quickly. I assume because they are used to instant gratification and there's a meat market for them to dive straight back into.

It's not like I have dated a lot of guys but the ones I do go for a seemingly nice, well put together, not the player types at all and yet they still stray away when they realise I'm not going to give it up until I'm more comfortable.

I was talking to my best friend who is very sexually liberated. She has many one night stands with strangers (she's had 5 in the last month alone) as well as threesomes and moresomes. A good portion of guys are all begging to cook dinner for her, take her out and commit to her. She's even had marriage proposals, men wanting to leave their wives and kids to be with her permanently. She can barely keep up, is spoilt for choice and has them all wrapped around her finger. I would say she's average looking and does not make much effort with appearance, dressing feminine etc.

She reckons that I should start sleeping with mutiple men until I 'catch' one and that if I don't sleep with them I will continue to be alone for a very long time because it's a 'numbers game'. I'm very uncomfortable with this idea. My friend is an extreme example as she has literally lost count of the amount of men she has been with. But in general I notice a lot of women who hooked up on the regular eventually caught a nice guy and now are getting married.

What should I do?
Reply 1
Stay as you are.

I can assure you that is the right decision for you.
I agree with truth. If the men cannot respect the way you are and not take things at the pace you want, then they aren't worth it.
Do not change for anybody!
Your friend may get lots of attention but I assure you she won't have the respect.
Stick to being you. Someone who respects you for you is worth waiting for. X

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Honestly, you need to do what you feel is best for you and make your own life decisions.

It makes me cringe so much seeing people change and act so different to who they truly are when they get so influenced by their friends.

People are temporary as **** and you can only rely on yourself and your own decisions.
Don't do it if it's not for you. Seriously, all you'll be doing is shooting yourself in the foot by changing the way you are; you'll attract the wrong type of men.

Be yourself, and be patient. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending