The Student Room Group

MacBook Air 11 vs 13 inch

Hey everyone

I've now decided to buy a MacBook Air but I'm now stuck between the 11 and 13 inch. is it worth the extra £90? As both have the same 128GB storage and graphics etc.

I know the 13 inch has double the Memory but as I'll have a 1TB external Hardrive and that for any of the heavier work, I'll use the iMacs at uni, I'm not too concerned.

I'm doing an MA in Journalism btw.
Reply 1
It depends on if you'd value having the larger screen or the smaller size, I went with the 11" just because I can always hook it up to my monitor at home, and I'd likely do the same for when I go to uni and use the Macs there.
Reply 2
What is the actual price of each MacBook Air model you're looking at? It's hard to recommend the MacBook Air because it's so outdated compared to current gen MacBooks and ultrabooks. It's slower, has a low quality screen and lacks the new force trackpad.
I did go forthe 11inch as I decided for all the "powerful" stuff I need, Ill use the iMacs at Uni.

My MacBook Air has the force trackpad?

I have had no problem so far, and dont think Ill go back to windows any time soon,
Reply 4
Original post by Jack22031994
I did go forthe 11inch as I decided for all the "powerful" stuff I need, Ill use the iMacs at Uni.

My MacBook Air has the force trackpad?

I have had no problem so far, and dont think Ill go back to windows any time soon,

I just checked the Apple site, yours doesn't have the force trackpad, it's not a huge difference anyway. On the upside, the MacBook Air has the longest battery life of all the MacBooks.
Original post by Stacyy
I just checked the Apple site, yours doesn't have the force trackpad, it's not a huge difference anyway. On the upside, the MacBook Air has the longest battery life of all the MacBooks.

maybe I was confused to what it is - it does tell the difference on pressure on it though

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending