Join TSR now and get answers to all your questions about uniSign up now
    • #1
    • Thread Starter

    I will be studying a diploma and need a support for accommodation, food and things. I will be living in a new place. I also have a disability so may have a chance for something.I don't have much time to go through process of loan because course starts soon. Are you entitled to maintence for level 4 5 further education courses? I know I'm entitled to tuition fee it's mostly living costs. I think my credit is low for bank loan. Please help I'm very worried

    Have a look here:

    You might be pushing it a bit to get anything out of them in the next few weeks though.

    Good luck!
    • TSR Support Team
    • Very Important Poster

    The funding for a level 4 course that isn't a uni or college course is completely different. You're entitled to the advanced learner loan for tuition fees. There's also a bursary fund -

    If your course is part time, you'd be entitled to benefits if you meet the criteria. If your course is full time and you receive DLA / PIP, you can apply for housing benefit and ESA. You'd also be exempt from council tax as a full time student.
Should MenACWY vaccination be compulsory at uni?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.