The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 3200
my new year diet hasnt had a good start because of being stressed over exams so ate quite a lot! il start properly wen i start bak at school, on a plus side my sis has agreed to do some exercise classes with me yayy! but looks like im gonna have to go to the gym on my tod! hope every1 else is doing good! ive decided to do the slimming world diet again (best 1 evaaa, spes being a vegi)

oh i have a good diet food for you guys- heinz soup there are some 60 cal 1s and some under 100! and the tins are massive! they really fill you up

also i recommend 100% fat free crackers they actually taste reallyyy nice! and are 16 cals!! i have them with cheese and chive good for you spread 39 cals per 1/6 of tub :smile:

so my new diet will consist of crackers and soup :smile: im going to eat way more fruit and vegtables to, i love these mini steam bags of rice and vegetables they fill you up to. (i hate feeling hungry) ive done this before and lost half a stone really quick :smile: although i was eating way less calories than i should but i felt full and was loosing weight, i also had 1 day where i could eat what i wanted (but not toooo much) so i had something to look forward to and wasnt completely banned from my fave foods!

xxxx
Reply 3201
Carreh
Guys remember about not posting calorie intakes and stuffs ;yes;

Is that a rule? I didn't know this forum had rules :redface:
Reply 3202
I thought we wern't meant to cos thats why the "what i ate today" thread got closed, cos it was like a trigger :s-smilie:
Yup, Carreh is right. We closed the 'what I ate today' thread for that reason, and have expressly said that documenting of calorie and food intake is not allowed in this thread because it triggers some people, and it also encourages obsessional calorie counting and stuff. If you have any queries about this, please come to Ask A Mod.
Reply 3204
So you can't say what you've eaten today or plan to eat? I agree with the reasoning but still think that is a bit extreme.
not till you see what some people eat or not eat...
Reply 3206
we can't say what we've eaten at all?
Reply 3207
I'm confused now. How can we ask advice on whether we are leading a healthy diet in here if we can't state what we've eaten?
look 3 posts up :rolleyes:
Reply 3209
La Trampa
look 3 posts up :rolleyes:

read my edit :rolleyes:
Crisps
I'm confused now.

chris, there were people posting how much they were eating and they weren't eating much and they were still complaining that they were eating TOO MUCH and they were being very eating disorder like and it was discouraging others being healthy and encouraging eating less as a form of weight loss.
Reply 3211
Yeah, I know, like I said, I know the reasoning behind the ban, but I interpret it as not being able to talk about what I've eaten AT ALL in this thread, so I can't get advice on what I can do to improve my diet.
Crisps
Yeah, I know, like I said, I know the reasoning behind the ban, but I interpret it as not being able to talk about what I've eaten AT ALL in this thread, so I can't get advice on what I can do to improve my diet.

Yeah you can, just not the EXACT foods you've eaten that day with the calories & stuff.
Crisps
read my edit :rolleyes:

that wasn't for you, was for vesta.

anyways,

do you think that having orange juice for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch and a salad for dinner plus 2hrs of exercise is a very healthy diet? and consider that being too much? (obviously that's not exactly what was being posted, an exagerrated example if you can allow it). I don't think so. Basically if you need help or want to ask about the calorie content of a meal, feel free to ask, you can ask for like ingredient alternatives, meal suggestions etc. kirsty posted a few links that are good. if i can find them i'll post them up.
Reply 3214
La Trampa
that wasn't for you, was for vesta.

anyways,

do you think that having orange juice for breakfast, a sandwich for lunch and a salad for dinner plus 2hrs of exercise is a very healthy diet? and consider that being too much? (obviously that's not exactly what was being posted, an exagerrated example if you can allow it). I don't think so. Basically if you need help or want to ask about the calorie content of a meal, feel free to ask, you can ask for like ingredient alternatives, meal suggestions etc. kirsty posted a few links that are good. if i can find them i'll post them up.

i understood, i was confirming.

i'm with crisps on this one, i understand the reasoning behind it but to me this soc seems a little pointless now that i can't post what i've eaten and see what others have eaten (and therefore extract tips etc from their 'diaries') :s-smilie:
Reply 3215
Yeah, I get you now, so I can just say "I had a bowl of cereal for brekkie, a pasta salad for lunch and a homemade chicken sweet & sour for dinner??" I'm not calorie counting anyway, so if anything I'll just detail the basics.

Vesta
i'm with crisps on this one, i understand the reasoning behind it but to me this soc seems a little pointless now that i can't post what i've eaten and see what others have eaten (and therefore extract tips etc from their 'diaries') :s-smilie:

My point exactly.
Reply 3216
huh. :eyebrow: There shouldn't be restrictions on speech just because a small minority may be triggered. If needs must, put a trigger warning on the thread title, but ban talk of calories? :confused:
it's not just a small minority. you know the way people reacted thinking you were talking crazy with your whole dish washing liquid and lasagna incident? also there's the fact that some people might feel intimidated by other people's food diaries, thinking they're eating far too much when really they're fine. not to mention that it was becoming like a competition to see who could eat less and exercise more and lose weight fastest.
links... mmm..

I probably posted this one off the top of my head: http://www.bdaweightwise.com

And as always i welcome PM's if anyone wants to ask me anything, wants off the record advice, and it'll be confidential, I won't discuss it with anyone.

I'm sure you could ask for recipe ideas, snack ideas etc, just don't go into a i ate x, y and z today and it was x calories and its y calories over what i wanted... The what i ate today was a great concept, and one which probably gave great encouragement, and ideas to others, but because it started to go off the rails it had to stop.

It does seem extreme, but its an extreme subject, and its gone too far before, and TSR don't want to be the hub of a eating disorders frenzy.
I agree with not posting calories and food diaries. When people did it I started as well and that led to me eating a very low calorie diet and 'competing' with others. It became quite obsessive and it was a trigger. Since it stopped I don't feel half as bad and am eating normal :smile: I know its not the same for everyone and maybe I'm weak but it's much friendlier without the calorie counting and competition

Latest