The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I eventually went to the gym this morning. Went on the treadmill, crosstrainer and rowing machine. Also did all my weights, so I felt quite refreshed afterwards. But apart from that I've done nothing but play internet games with my friend. Oh well, atleast I've done something today.
Food is going to be about 1200 today I think, which is good after yesterdays bad day.
Reply 361
gaaah I just want to eat everything! I have lost weight, I've seen that. but I ate a lot of bread yesterday and my body just inflates when I do that. Now I am fatter than ever before and my jeans won't fit. this sucks....I give up this day. I do not wanna go back to school where they know me as insanely fit. Now, due to an arm injury, my arms are dough and well, the rest of my body too!
Thanks for the link bunthulhu! So how are you going about losing the weight wiggleworm? Im never going to lose a stone before uni but if i can lose half a stone i'll be pleased :smile:
Oops... bit of a weird day today. :s: Beans on toast (250), breakfast bar (120) and McDonalds (1000 :eek:) So i'm on 1370, which is okay i guess. :smile:
ive eaten so much rubbish today! arghhhh, and not been to the gym for a few days.

ive had sugar free marshmallows, a few skittles, prawn cocktail crisps, a small slice of pepperoni pizza, garlic bread & tomato soup. and fruit juice. what a load of junk :eek: and ive not even had dinner yet!

im restarting my diet and strict gymming from monday though :p:
Reply 365
I'm hungry...went out for lunch with a friend to Muffin Break (don't know if there are any of these around or just one in my town) and had half a sweet chili chicken wrap, half a tuna wrap and a mocha frappe. Probs quite bad but have had an exhausting afternoon in Primark and feel really worn out now!! Lol.

Will probably just have some salad for dinner tonight to keep the total calories down. Don't want to get complacement now that I'm happy(ier) with my weight!

Ooh, I did some measurements this morning to see if I've made any progress:
Wasit: 26.5"
Hips: 34"

I think before I started my waist was 28" and my hips were 35" (or maybe a bit more, I feel as if they're more than one inch smaller...) So yeah, quite pleased with that, ideally want my waist to be another half an inch smaller though. Wore my Topshop Kate Moss jeans today and they were quite loose and are a 30" waist :smile:
Reply 366
Eep! I gave in and had Ben & Jerry's today.

But not just Ben & Jerry's. One of those massively-delicious-yet-horribly-calorific Core Sundaes from the cinema.

Masses of ice-cream, hot fudge, whipped cream and choccie toppings. Oops!

Rest of the day has been alright though, only had about 750 calories so far - excluding B&J's that is, lol.
Reply 367
Oh they look so yummy, and the rest of your day's been fine so just be super good tomorrow :smile:
Have had about 1200 cals today...and exercised about 500 cals so not as bad as i thought tbh. Most of my cals are from bread and chocolate, even tho im not supposed to have chocolate oops.

Im trying to lose half a stone before i go back to uni too, but at the minute nothing seems to be happening.

And also, anyone here been diagnosed with PCOS? I think I have it because I have all of the symptoms, one of which is carrying your weight around your middle and finding it hard to lose weight. Need to go see the doctor though, but don't want him to think i am being a hypochondriac (sp?).
I've just realised I'm probably not going to reach my goal of 9 stone, which sucks quite frankly.
Reply 370
mc_hamster
I've just realised I'm probably not going to reach my goal of 9 stone, which sucks quite frankly.

;console;
your about the same height as me, and it is VERY hard to get down, I'm about 9.5 atm and I've been stuck at it for a long time,frankly my own fault, getting lazy and eatng WAY too much!
Just keep at it, you'll get there, slowly but surely :smile:
Lilian
;console;
your about the same height as me, and it is VERY hard to get down, I'm about 9.5 atm and I've been stuck at it for a long time,frankly my own fault, getting lazy and eatng WAY too much!
Just keep at it, you'll get there, slowly but surely :smile:

Thank you for the encouragement, it's getting quite hard now. It was surprisingly easyish to loose two stone but now I keep hovering around the same weight every week. I'm hoping I can atleast get to 9st 7lbs which would be 1lb a week from now which seems maybe more realistic. I'll just have to be very strict with myself.

I suppose I have to think about how far I've come as aposed to getting annoyed about the remaining weight. I'm trying to focus more on the positive things now but it's hard when you still feel really fat/ overweight it gets hard. I did get a nice comment from my friends mum yesterday though, she said 'you're wasting away, you look like you've lost weight'. It was unprompted so that was nice. Also being able to fit into size 10's has helped my confidence as well. But it's still weighing on my mind that I feel that I look the same as when I started dispite all the comments and the fact I've got a normal BMI now.

Anyway, sorry about that outburst. It's just been something that I needed to get out of my head. Overwise I'll end up going crazy, well more so then I am now. This society has helped loads by the way, I don't think I would have stuck at it if I didn't have this to write all my crap in. So thanks people.
How tall are you mc? Wow you've managed to lose 2 stone, that's really amazing! :smile:
Reply 373
yay! finally i think I am losing again, nearly 4.5 stone, woop!
Pink Sparkles
How tall are you mc? Wow you've managed to lose 2 stone, that's really amazing! :smile:

Thanks, I'm 5ft 3.
Carreh
yay! finally i think I am losing again, nearly 4.5 stone, woop!

Amazing! :smile: :smile:

Thank god Sept is nearly here, maybe i'll start losing again then! I really need to get sorted on a diet etc. My exercise is fine, but it's completely pointless when i am eating crap (and loads of it) all the time. Although today i am very positive about it. :smile:
Hello people, I'd like to lose 8-10 pounds before uni starts just to justify myself eating crap once I get there. Is 8-10 too much to lose?
Artemidoros
Hello people, I'd like to lose 8-10 pounds before uni starts just to justify myself eating crap once I get there. Is 8-10 too much to lose?

As long as you are still within the healthy range (BMI etc) then losing 8 to 10 pounds seems fine. :smile:
Bexiness!
As long as you are still within the healthy range (BMI etc) then losing 8 to 10 pounds seems fine. :smile:

My BMI is 22.3 though I'd like to be 21
I've been eating healthily since I came back from holiday on wednesday.. I want to lose 7lbs by the beginning of October-is this possible being 5'9" and 9st 7lbs? I still have a bit of a pot belly which I want to lose and fit back into my size 10s properly.

Latest