The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

It's amazing what my mum's cooking has done for me.

After living in Scotland for two years, I'd gained approximately 4-5 kilos. As I'm 5ft1, I was 57 kg, it did really show.

Then I came back home (France) in June. By September, I was down to 53, without really trying. Then, down to 51 by Christmas. My mum's started a diet, so we're having fresh vegetable soup every night, and I was down to 50 kilos last week!! I'm now a steady 51, and that's perfect. And that's all without really trying. I love my mum!
im gonna buy a weighing scales from argos today, my last one broke!

You guys think the 2.99 ones are any good?
Tufts
Kirsty can you help me figure out how many calories I should be consuming each day for healthy weight loss? :redface: I'm at a loss here.

In other news...

I am now officially a SIZE 8!!

Size 8 clothing fits comfortably now :party:

P.S. It's okay, I'm 5ft :smile:

If you PM me your weight i should be able to calculate it. :smile:

Congrats on size 8!
Reply 4503
Tufts
Kirsty can you help me figure out how many calories I should be consuming each day for healthy weight loss? :redface: I'm at a loss here.

In other news...

I am now officially a SIZE 8!!

Size 8 clothing fits comfortably now :party:

P.S. It's okay, I'm 5ft :smile:

WOW!!! I wear size 8 tops often, but I need a 10/12 on the bottom!

Guys I need some help. From the pics I've posted on here, can someone tell me which of the Trinny and Sooz body shapes I correspond to? Thanks
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/femail/article.html?in_article_id=488236&in_page_id=1879
dunno cos i can't remember (post a link to a good full length pic?)
but i'm deffo a pear
Reply 4505
That means I gotta take a pic :p: will do :smile:
Hi everyone.. Been looking around for threads on various message boards about losing weight etc, and this is the best one I've seen by a mile! Just starting to get replies and things from uni, starting in September and I've got a lot of weight to lose before I go so I need a bit of a kick up the arse. Wish me luck!
katiekatie05
Hi everyone.. Been looking around for threads on various message boards about losing weight etc, and this is the best one I've seen by a mile! Just starting to get replies and things from uni, starting in September and I've got a lot of weight to lose before I go so I need a bit of a kick up the arse. Wish me luck!

Good luck :smile:
Bonne chance
buena suerte
and all the rest
xxxxxx
:ciao: heya, welcome!

bought lots of lovely fruit today so feeling very good and will be eating healthily over the next few days or week whether i like it or not as i have so much fruit and cant let it go to waste and go off! :p:

about to pop my potato in the oven and then off to the gym :biggrin:
it's been a good day
hope everyones good, and feeling happy with themselves and the progress they've made/are making :smile:
Reply 4509
wow. I had jacket potato and beans washed down by a large diet coke at 2pm and I STILL feel bloated :s-smilie:

... and boy do I have GAS :redface:

I farted in my afternoon lecture... but it was a really serious lecture about murder. I ruined the dramatic atmosphere.
Anyone watching the channel 4 show, Supersize V Superskinny, on now?

Looks interesting, very curious to see this.
I've just put it on.
We shall see.
I don't like really extreme people.
They scare me to death in many ways/
I'm taping it on sky plus.. should be quite interesting...

Went to the gym today and it was so busy....never usually that bad, but I got everything done in an hour so I didn't mind too much. :biggrin:
I hope they do it properly and don't just try and turn it into a high drama.
Reply 4514
it was entertaining.
"hug inside" I liked that bit :smile:
Been veeeeery good today if I can say so myself!! Spent many hours at the gym, with 1 hr + cardio and 45 minutes machines (as in weights.. don't like free weights too much, they scare me!). Did 42 minutes threadmill, doing intervals, probably running (as in properly giving it my all) for 10 minutes, jogging 20 and the rest walking.. (All the walking with an incline though). Did 20 minutes on the bike. 10 minutes on the crosstrainer, also doing intevals... Then machiney stuff in betweeny :smile:

After that, I did 30 minutes of stretching.... (Cos I want to be able to do the splits!!! That's one of my goals!!) And then went into the sauna for 15 minutes.. was sweating like a pig!!

My plan is to do one session like that every Tuesday, then do 1-2 hrs of swimming every Thursday and 1.5 hrs of cardio/weights again on Fridays.. Saturdays (cos I wake up really late after talking to my bf on Skype) will be a "lazy" day - will go take some sun, cos it makes me feel a lot better... Sundays I often spend with my friends, trying to do some activities, like walking up + down mountains, going canoeing (not at this time of yr though) etc... So, hopefully, it'll be all good :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I watched it, I thought it was quite interesting and will tune in next week.
Reply 4518
Just got back from the gym, did a kinda pathetic 30 mins of cardio but it was about 300 cals so i'm happy-ish. Got lazy and sweaty and there were people i knew who i didn't want to talk to, so i ran away after that. And then heard on the news about Heath Ledger.. so now i'm sad. I semi-loved that guy.

Going to have a cuppa green tea now and that's me done for the day.

Getting my hair cut/coloured tomo. Yay!
I thought the show was good. (apart from Gillian McKeith, ugh)

It showed both sides in a positive light, as in it did not try to put them down . Felt sorry for the larger woman, it's clear she was subsituting something else with food. The girl was beautiful, but her face would look even more stunning if she had a bit more weight on her.

I think I got something positive from the show overall. It made me realise how important it is to be a normal, healthy weight, even if it's not the supermodel size some of us strive for. Being somewhere in the middle looks and feels much nicer than either extreme.

Latest