The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4780
i like my weekends off :^_^: but damn...does work **** up my metbaolism!
Reply 4781
Tufts does have a point. As a kid I used to drink whole milk only, but a few years ago when we stopped the milkman we started getting semi-skimmed, now I can't drink whole as its virtually cream.
Lilian
i like my weekends off :^_^: but damn...does work **** up my metbaolism!

How does work affect your metabolism? Surely it stays pretty constant whether you're at work or at home :s-smilie:
Reply 4783
no, my metabolism has changed since I started work...i have a job where I am constantly walking, carrying things and in the cold.
I kind of think of special K as being nicer than the milk so I started having less milk and today I put more on, even the skimmed tasted creamy!
When they say "Train yourself" puppy it takes about a week, tops and you don't even notice the difference, having said that I've been told there's barely a difference calorie wise anyway, my mum just randomly stopped buying semi-skimmed one day!
alpro soya light ftw. i buy that for cereal (so tasty) and skimmed for tea, sometimes semi skimmed. i cant tell the difference if i put enough skimmed milk in, then you get more calcium
Calorie counters - how much do you count for 1 chicken breast? (just of average size) - I've looked online and it seems quite varied.
This weekend has involved too many super delicious but bad for me roast potatoes but its ok as I went to the gym this morning and will do tomorrow. This weekend was my indulgent weekend meal with my boyfriend, goose fat roast potatoes and gravy then pub roast today. I ate some ben and jerrys frozen yoghurt too.

Feeling really determined at the moment though to halt my unhealthy relationship with food and lose a bit of weight before the end of term in 6 weeks, bet I don't last though.
Reply 4788
annab1684
I kind of think of special K as being nicer than the milk so I started having less milk and today I put more on, even the skimmed tasted creamy!
When they say "Train yourself" puppy it takes about a week, tops and you don't even notice the difference, having said that I've been told there's barely a difference calorie wise anyway, my mum just randomly stopped buying semi-skimmed one day!

I don't mind it, but I don't see the point, semi skimmed is nicer and I drink about 2 pints a week, if that, it's hardly going to make me skinny while I stuff my face with pizza.
Reply 4789
puppy
No offense, but that's not living. I'm not training myself to like skimmed milk when there's basically no fat in semi skimmed milk anyway. I'm starting to wonder if you have problems with food, rather than just a desire to be thin. You're obviously tiny and yet you're still training yourself to eat tasteless rabbit food.

Thats not very fair Puppy. Tufts works hard and is very determined with all the work she does and she goes that extra mile that some of us dont in order to feel she is doing the best she can.
I wish I had her determination & will power.
Tufts is also a big help to other people and most of us are very grateful for her support
Reply 4791
x~PiNk~x
Thats not very fair Puppy. Tufts works hard and is very determined with all the work she does and she goes that extra mile that some of us dont in order to feel she is doing the best she can.
I wish I had her determination & will power.

I'm not denying that, I'm just suggesting that it borders on obsession which can sometimes start swinging in a bad direction without you even realising.
Reply 4792
puppy
I'm not denying that, I'm just suggesting that it borders on obsession which can sometimes start swinging in a bad direction without you even realising.

To be fair though I think that anyone who is making a concious effort to eat healthily can be a bit obsessed about makin sure what they're eating is right and whether they have eaten too much or to little. Each to their own I suppose.
Reply 4793
x~PiNk~x
To be fair though I think that anyone who is making a concious effort to eat healthily can be a bit obsessed about makin sure what they're eating is right and whether they have eaten too much or to little. Each to their own I suppose.

That's how people end up with EDs. I'm not suggesting that's what's happening here, but often it's a much finer line than we like to think and it's worth having it in the back of your mind and checking you're not becoming unecessarily critical of yourself or developing a real obsession with food and exercising.
I can't drink full fat milk anymore, it tastes lile cream.

I drink the 1% fat milk, the purple one
Reply 4795
purple? :s: I only know of red, green and blue!
Reply 4796
oh it's called "the one"! :yy: :yeah:
that's nice! tastes like semi skimmed *slurpslurp*
I went to pizza hut today.... my first time in nearly 2 months though... I shared half a pizza but my dad ate a whole one!! urgh!! I'm bloated and can't imagine how he feels. We had dessert and I had chocolate fudge cake... lovely but I'm upping the exercise as I'll be going on holiday at the end of march to see all my family and want to look nice and toned. There also aren't any gyms round there so I don't know what I'll do but I'm only going for 4 days so..

I feel particularly chuffed though because I fit into a size 10 in black trousers from topshop, which I haven't done for aages!! :biggrin: Their sizes are a bit messed up but they do really nice black trousers that are good for work etc.... The only thing with losing weight is that I've lost my chest again... I swear I'm not even a 32A any more!!
Reply 4798
God soup with wholemeal crusty bread is SO good! *slurp*
Reply 4799
puppy
No offense, but that's not living. I'm not training myself to like skimmed milk when there's basically no fat in semi skimmed milk anyway. I'm starting to wonder if you have problems with food, rather than just a desire to be thin. You're obviously tiny and yet you're still training yourself to eat tasteless rabbit food.

That's what people without discipline say.

Latest