The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4800
Which ryvita do people like the best? Thinking I might get some tomorrow along with cottage cheese to see what all the fuss is about :p:
Reply 4801
x~PiNk~x
Thats not very fair Puppy. Tufts works hard and is very determined with all the work she does and she goes that extra mile that some of us dont in order to feel she is doing the best she can.
I wish I had her determination & will power.

Thanks to everyone who has supported me :smile: I'm very touched.
:hello:

Tufts I wish I had your determination, I have no will power :frown:

Right, i'm really going to start this week. I've gone from 10st to almost 11st in the past few months, and I feel really big :frown:
My size 12 jeans are getting a little tight and my tummy is always bloated. I think I want to get down to about 9st (although I haven't been that light since the age of 14).
I'm going to go to the gym every day, and eat around 1200 kcals a day. I'm going on holiday in July and want to look amazing by then!
Reply 4803
~Sam~
Which ryvita do people like the best? Thinking I might get some tomorrow along with cottage cheese to see what all the fuss is about :p:

Dark Rye FTW! :king1:
Crisps
God soup with wholemeal crusty bread is SO good! *slurp*

i had soup + wholemeal bread for dinner too but unfortunately it was pre-sliced hovis. so easy and yummy
The time that I really fall down in terms of eating well are the days when I am out the house on campus from 8am till late (sometimes as late as 11pm) and haven't had the energy to prepare food to take with me. Sometimes if I am home the night before and cooking something like vegetable pasta (wholewheat pasta with a tomato sauce with lots of courgette, pepper and sweetcorn, sometimes tuna too) I make extra too and take it with me. Any suggestions for quick and easy things to make for a lunchbox that can be done when tired at 11pm? I'm thinking some kind of chickpea salads, pitta breads with hummous and chicken pasta.
Lilian
oh it's called "the one"! :yy: :yeah:
that's nice! tastes like semi skimmed *slurpslurp*

:five:

Purple rocks:wink:
^ good ideas, also get some yogurts and fruit as they dont require any prep
Yoghurt are great food to take anywhere in a packed lunch :smile:
Reply 4809
Yoghurt dosn't fill me up. Bummer.
I love the Muller Lights, I usually have one as a snack most days
Reply 4811
Tufts
That's what people without discipline say.

I don't have any discipline, I've already admitted that much, there's no need to just **** on me.
Reply 4812
happydinosaur
The time that I really fall down in terms of eating well are the days when I am out the house on campus from 8am till late (sometimes as late as 11pm) and haven't had the energy to prepare food to take with me. Sometimes if I am home the night before and cooking something like vegetable pasta (wholewheat pasta with a tomato sauce with lots of courgette, pepper and sweetcorn, sometimes tuna too) I make extra too and take it with me. Any suggestions for quick and easy things to make for a lunchbox that can be done when tired at 11pm? I'm thinking some kind of chickpea salads, pitta breads with hummous and chicken pasta.

Pitta bread and hummus is great - takes no time to prepare and is very yummy. Maybe chop up some carrot or cucumber sticks to take with you as a snack? Also fruit and low fat yoghurts are easy to transport. Salads are easy enough too.
Reply 4813
happydinosaur
The time that I really fall down in terms of eating well are the days when I am out the house on campus from 8am till late (sometimes as late as 11pm) .

:eek: how on earth do you deal with that? If I had to work those hours I'd just throw myself in traffic.
Reply 4814
~Sam~
Pitta bread and hummus is great - takes no time to prepare and is very yummy. Maybe chop up some carrot or cucumber sticks to take with you as a snack? Also fruit and low fat yoghurts are easy to transport. Salads are easy enough too.

Isn't hummus basically as fatty as butter?
Reply 4815
puppy
Isn't hummus basically as fatty as butter?

It has got fat in it, but mostly good fats which you need as part of a healthy diet. You can get low fat versions and as long as you don't eat like a tub a day it's not bad. Definately no where near as many calories as butter as far as I'm aware (someone please correct me if i'm wrong!)
Reply 4816
happydinosaur
The time that I really fall down in terms of eating well are the days when I am out the house on campus from 8am till late (sometimes as late as 11pm)

Ditto. Well work. Sometimes I can be out of the house like 7am - 9pm :frown: or more often 10.30 till 10.30. It sucks big time :frown:
ellabella
^ good ideas, also get some yogurts and fruit as they dont require any prep

I have a bit of a mental block when it comes to yogurt because it makes me think of milk and milk is something that I can't even think about drinking without feeling a bit ill. Might slowly start to reintroduce yogurt to my diet though...
you can get hummous that is as low as 150cal/100g, and i has a higher protein & complex carbohydrate & fibre content than butter, as well as the fact that most of the fat in hummous is unsaturated (from olive oil, sesame seeds) and most of the fat in butter is saturated. also hummous has vitamins from the chickpeas, sesame seeds & lemon juice
happydinosaur
I have a bit of a mental block when it comes to yogurt because it makes me think of milk and milk is something that I can't even think about drinking without feeling a bit ill. Might slowly start to reintroduce yogurt to my diet though...

how about soya yogurt? i like the alpro flavoured ones but if i'm being really healthy i get the plain sojade and add my own sweetener/fruit
i also like total 2% greek yogurt, i used to take one of the little pots to work and eat it with a banana

Latest