The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5720
I hadn't weighed myself since about the beginning of December, I had scale-phobia due to major christmas and january binges lol. Plus my scales had run out of battery.
I got some new ones today though and decided to brave it. Somehow, I have lost about 4-5 pounds which means I have now lost a total of 3st 2!! I'm so pleased, I really thought I'd be lucky if I'd only put a few pounds on. Yay.
guys whenever you see me,tell me to stop baking with my flatmates and stop eating the cupcakes or cakes we make because it's making me put on all the weight back argh!!!
La Trampa
guys whenever you see me,tell me to stop baking with my flatmates and stop eating the cupcakes or cakes we make because it's making me put on all the weight back argh!!!

hehe! you need to make healthy things instead of cakes i suppose - don't ask me what though. i used to make a oaty bar last year which wasn't too unhealthy.

Baking is fun though!!!
leona
I hadn't weighed myself since about the beginning of December, I had scale-phobia due to major christmas and january binges lol. Plus my scales had run out of battery.
I got some new ones today though and decided to brave it. Somehow, I have lost about 4-5 pounds which means I have now lost a total of 3st 2!! I'm so pleased, I really thought I'd be lucky if I'd only put a few pounds on. Yay.

Congrats on the weight loss, wow 3st 2. That's almost my overall goal, I wanna lose 3.5st in total. 2stone down! You must look great :smile:
~Kirsty~
hehe! you need to make healthy things instead of cakes i suppose - don't ask me what though. i used to make a oaty bar last year which wasn't too unhealthy.

Baking is fun though!!!

yes.I'm hoping we're done with cupcakes and cakes so we can do healthier stuff although there was talk of pies and bread! i did some valentine's baking for the bf so after this weekend, no more! butter icing is soooo addictive...not good!
hehe - well homemade bread is reasonably healthy! Add seeds and things to it. :smile:
perpetual
Progress so far on aforementioned diet

http://forum.myprotein.co.uk/showthread.php?t=14211

wow :eek: that progress is amazing, you look buff! :wink:

i guess as youre a guy the 6 meals a day you have planned is right for you, but probably too much for a weight loss for a gal. whatever youre doing t's obviously working
Guys i seriously need to sort out my relationship with food! I've been at home for study leave and i eat fine, healthy foods - and just when i'm hungry, only snacking on fruit, if at all!
I usually have to end the day with a few slices of cheese to bump up my calorie intake above 1000.

HOWEVER - it all goes tits up at uni. I went back to pick up some books and ended up snacking on cerel in my cupboard, gorging on about 10 biscuits AND obtained 2 krispy kreme dounuts! I wasnt even hungry.

That explains how i'm put on 6kg (about 12lbs) since i started uni, which is disgusting.
I dont even buy junk food regulary - its either free, or bad decision pms/exam craving.

I have lost 1kg (2lbs) since being at home for the week, and have started going to the gym regularly (have stopping recently, but will go again after exams)

How can i say no, and stop eating when i'm not even hungry damn it!
Reply 5728
dita_parlo
Congrats on the weight loss, wow 3st 2. That's almost my overall goal, I wanna lose 3.5st in total. 2stone down! You must look great :smile:

Thankyou! :smile: I dont know about looking great but I'm feeling great! For now anyway lol...
Wooh went to the gym today... hopefully going tommorow too. I went shopping yesterday and bought a size 10 pair of skinny jeans from dorothy perkins :biggrin: happy about that, they aren't too tight or anything. My new workout DVD came so I'll be having a look at that at the weekend too.
Reply 5730
I'm in need of some help here guys!

I'm trying to lose a bit of weight and find it pretty easy to eat healthily at home, the only problem is when I go out to restaurants, etc.

Now obviously the obvious thing is just to not go to restaurants, but this isn't always practical what with society socials, birthdays, etc.

I've started trying to pick the healthiest sounding options and just wondered what everyone eats when they go to restaurants? I don't want every meal out to turn into a cheat meal, because i go out way too often for that!

Also, what are your fav restaurants for healthy food? I want to start changing the places my boyfriend and I go to - there must be somewhere that does nice, tasty, healthy food!
Reply 5731
nandos looks fairly healthy actually :cool:
Reply 5732
Nando's is pretty good actually! :biggrin: Yummy
Reply 5733
Mmmm Nandos...

They do salad so you can have chickeny goodness but not be as guilty about it.
Reply 5734
Well, i've established one thing tonight. This whole 'I don't deny myself anything, if I wan't it i'll have it. It works better that way' way of healthy eating does not work for me! Bought a small multi-pack of crisps and am munching my way through them! Cannot eat one packet and leave it at that! So the way forward for me is to not buy them, which is what I have been doing for the past couple of weeks and didn't do too badly!
Reply 5735
ames123
Well, i've established one thing tonight. This whole 'I don't deny myself anything, if I wan't it i'll have it. It works better that way' way of healthy eating does not work for me! Bought a small multi-pack of crisps and am munching my way through them! Cannot eat one packet and leave it at that! So the way forward for me is to not buy them, which is what I have been doing for the past couple of weeks and didn't do too badly!
:ditto: till the cows come home.:p:
Reply 5736
Well I may as well eat them tonight, instead of some today and and some tomorrow, that way i'll only feel bad about my eating today! Lol! I need to do more stuff because half of the reason I binge is because i'm bored!
Reply 5737
Thanks for the nandos suggestion! Does anyone have any others?

It's ridiculous that's it's almost impossible to get a healthy meal at some places, even salads come loaded with cheese and sauce!

Somewhere that does things like grilled chicken/fish with a baked potato and veg would do nicely - is that too much to ask?!
I sometimes find pub meals as healthy as anywhere else - but thats not necessarily as nice as a restaurant.

Places like Bella Italia aren't bad - I know they do grilled salmon with potatoes and veg.
Weatherspoons, order burger, get salad instead of chips and throw away the bun.

Latest