The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5740
Bella Italia sounds good, there's one in Cardiff too :smile:.
I find it hard to believe anything in wetherspoons is healthy after looking at their nutritional information in the website tbh!

I really like the harvester restaurants as there's lots of healthy options and unlimited salad, but unfortunately there's not one in Cardiff :frown:
Woop i'm proud of myself, went to the cinema tonight and jsut took some grapes with me and shared a mini bag of snack a jacks popcorn with my boyfriend and drank diet coke! :biggrin:
Reply 5742
.jen.
Woop i'm proud of myself, went to the cinema tonight and jsut took some grapes with me and shared a mini bag of snack a jacks popcorn with my boyfriend and drank diet coke! :biggrin:

Better than pic n mix [for your stomach and your wallet]

[peter kay] woah woah woah FUDGE??/ Feel the weight of em before yer purr'em in!![/peter kay] :p:
lemon chicken risotto soon :>.<: #excited#
Reply 5744
At this time of the morning??
Just got in from work!! This is my evening meal!! :p:

dumdumdum about ten minutes to go!! #excited#

[and yes, it's a ready meal, but don't kill me - I can't be bothered actually cooking at this hour... :p:]
Reply 5746
I'm going to have to try to be extra good today!

I'm working at the millennium stadium for the Wales-Scotland match and they always give us massive packed lunches with a premade sandwich, THREE chocolate bars, crisps, a cereal bar and orange juice.

I'm going to try to ignore the chocolate and crisps, so i'm eating a MASSIVE bowl of porridge atm to fill me up for hours!
I like the restaurants where you order a main course and then they bring the veg/potatoes for the whole table in little bowls. I find this helps me control what I'm eating. One of my favourite restaurants at home does this and offers free veg refills!! :biggrin:
~Sam~
Thanks for the nandos suggestion! Does anyone have any others?

It's ridiculous that's it's almost impossible to get a healthy meal at some places, even salads come loaded with cheese and sauce!

Somewhere that does things like grilled chicken/fish with a baked potato and veg would do nicely - is that too much to ask?!

You can always ask for stuff to be changed for you eg. salad with no cheese and dressing on the side. I sometimes order a starter as a main course with an undressed side salad as that's a smaller portion but still yummy :smile:
Bah had an awful day yesterday but am back on form today.

Course that might be cause my stomach hurts like a cow.
God coming home has been a bit nightmareish diet wise. Have treated myself to brownies and an indian.. NOT good. But at least I stuck to below 2000cals yesterday and will easily do that today too, just will have had them lots early on.
Reply 5751
Its my birthday tomorrow and were having a party today so Im going to try to be good & then have some nice chocolate birthday cake :smile:

18 already! I feel so old :ahhhhh:
Reply 5752
x~PiNk~x

18 already! I feel so old :ahhhhh:

You just wait... i turn 23 in... 4 months. Now that's old!

Going to the gym tomorrow, got a PT session booked in the morning. It'll be the first time in... well too long.. but i've been eating well(ish) to compensate. I weighed myself this morning and the scales said 13st2 which is the lightest i've knowingly been ever... (i did used to weigh much less, i was a size 12 when i started uni, but i didn't know what my weight was at that time).

So i'm feeling good.

Plus my housemate forgot to freeze her gym membership this month (usually she freezes it cos it's expensive and she hates going so it's a waste of money), so in order to get her money's worth this month she's going to go to some classes with me. Woohoo.

Sadly she's gorgeous and ridiculously skinny... a size 6-8 despite the fact she eats like a pig and doesn't exercise. I look like a beached whale in comparison. I am, however, fitter than her so going to the gym together isn't too embarrassing for me as when i'm running on the treadmill and she's usually struggling to walk up a hill!
Reply 5753
newDana
You just wait... i turn 23 in... 4 months. Now that's old!

I turned 23 like 3 months ago :hmpf:

:p:
Reply 5754
Carreh
I turned 23 like 3 months ago :hmpf:

:p:

Getting older sucks doesn't it? Life's just going by far too quickly for my liking. I can't believe i'm half way through my final year now. Can't it just slow down a little?
Reply 5755
Ok guys I need your help here!

For the last three days or so, my stomach's been really bloated and horrible. I had a ball on Thursday night and had a massive four-course meal, so for a while I thought it was just because of that. But now it's Sunday! And I really don't know what's causing it. Today, all i've eaten is fruit and fibre with skimmed milk, a few nuts and tomato soup with two slices of wholemeal bread.

Any ideas what is causing my usually flat stomach to increase to the size of Brazil?!

I've been looking in the internet and it says common causes are wheat or dairy intolerances, but i've never really had a problem with bloating until now.

I feel horrible! :frown:
is it close to your period time of the month? that's normally a cause of bloating.
Reply 5757
La Trampa
is it close to your period time of the month? that's normally a cause of bloating.

Well I'm running two packs of the pill together at the moment and have only just started the second pack so it shouldn't be that. I have two packs together most of the time and I never normally get this.
it is quite possible that it could be it. your body was probably preparing for a period,going through the motions etc,and although you're not having one this time,it still needs to revert to normal.it could be anything. personally i'd say, if it lasts for more than a week then something's wrong or you should be concerned,but if it's just a few days,it's nothing to worry about.
Reply 5759
Hi everyone!

I think ive posted here once before..but ill start again...basically about a year ago i lost 7 pounds...and then i got lazy and havent lost anything since..but i havent gained anything either! now im back on track..because im so sick of my unhealthy lifestyle. im about a stone and a half over weight, and have been for the whole of my life! its getting to the point where im so sick of dreading summer EVERY year..bc im scared of ppl seeing the "real" me..its so weird i know..but i like hiding behind my big black coat in winter...in summer, i hardly go out bc i look so awful in t-shirts...and its just horrible. last summer, i went to kenya for a wedding, and was wearing a sleeveless dress thingy...at that point i was happy bc id lost some weight (7 pounds) so i was feeling a little confident...but then i came home, and looked at the pictures. all my cousins, my sisters and brothers were looking really nice, and there was me..a big whale. it was so depressing, i really felt embarrassed, like i had no right to be at the wedding. im in sixth form, and at school i dont make an effort with my clothes bc i feel like ppl are going to say, look at her..shes so fat y does she even bother? i know its bad, but i really feel horrible abt my self.

anyway..so ive now decided to take control of my life, and not hate my body. i want to do it for myself, bc i owe myself that. im so sick of ppl calling me fat and making fun of my weight. i dont deserve that...i bought an aerobics dvd (rosemary conley) bc im too self-conscious to go out and excercise...

can i join this society? i really want to lose weight..and need your support! Are there any tips/advice ppl can offer me about exercise, eating healthily etc? all ur achievements are so wonderful...i want to be a part of that!

im about 5"3 and weigh 9st9 pounds. ive put on 2 pounds in the last month or so, which isnt bad, but im still a stone and a half overweight. im 16 btw.

Latest