The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 600
Dramatic Star
Lost half a stone since Tuesday. Haven't been on a crash diet though... had the flu (still feel like crap) & have been living on one meal a day which was either soup or JP. Wouldn't recommend this diet though.... highly painful! :redface:

Awwh bless you, get well soon! At least you've been eating something, soup's good for you, toast isn't too bad for when you're ill either :smile:
Reply 601
not the best day not the worst day
lets just say I'm under 2000 cal and I worked for 8 hours and walked in the park for 2 hours :smile:
I'm alright.
Argh, not great today at all! pizza, subway, sensations, pancake and chocolate.. and that's it! No healthy food at all! :eek: Bring on college = routine! :smile:
Looking like lots of other people had a okkish day as well
woops chinese tonight. didnt eat that much. i was full up with water before i ate it anyway :p: gymming and swimming with my boyfriend tomorrow though i think!
Opps, I was doing so well this week until yesterday. I went to Nandos and worked out I had enough calories to get two corn on the cob and a quarter chicken. Then I decided that as I had been so good this week and had some calories left over that I would have some frozen yogurt. It's fat free but probably full of calories but I thought what the hell I deserve a treat. Then I went to the pub, was very sensible and had diet cokes. But we decided to come back to mine via Asda and I bought 100g of Malteasers and I ate them all. Which is 500 calories, I then had some Highlight nibbles because I was hungry (75 calories). Which means I had about 2000 calories, but I did a lot of walking, cycled into town and back and also did 30 minutes on the treadmill. So I'd say I burnt off maybe about 300 of them so if I look at it logically I could say yesterday was a mantaining day. But still, damn it.
I shall recover today though, I'm going to go for a bike ride in a bit plus I'll cut back a bit on the food.
I have however gone down to having a 29 inch waist which was surprising and when I weighed myself this morning I'd actually lost weight. The human body is a weird thing.
Amen to the weird human body!

I'm off to the gym in a bit to work off loads of caloreis so I can eat some of my mums roast dinner tonight.:redface:

Need to pick up some Special K from Tesco as well cause I'm going into withdrawal without it for breakfast:p:
Argh, it's the dreaded Sunday! :frown: But i'm gymming it today, so maybe it won't be thattt bad.. :s:
I'd like to lose 6-7lbs within the next few weeks, gotten off to a bad start lol I've probably had 1500 calories already today :laugh:
Heya girlies (and guys!)!
I'm back from all my holidays now-just got back from 2 weeks of driving round europe with my bf which was AMAZING! I have put on so much weight but i dont really care any more. I think i have finally accepted myself as it doesnt bother me whether im fat or thin as long as im healthy. At the moment i am extremely unhealthy given the summer lifestyle so i aim to change that but im not going to do it to lose weight.
Oh and im off to cambridge on the 29th, i dont remember if i told you or not! I got four A's by some fluke and given the last few months of illness and all my eating problems, im stunned! But anyway that gives me an opportunity to normalise my eating a bit and i intend to make full use of it, especially as i wont be able to afford to binge!
How's everyone else doing? How have your summers/results/holidays/weight losses/eating been?
I intend to be back for good now despite being rather busy so i want full updates you lot!
Reply 610
Welcome back, Sarah! Glad you had a good holiday and good luck for starting uni - what college are you off to?

I`m in Japan atm :smile: It`s so hot here so don`t really feel too hungry but am having fun trying out the Japanese food. No scales here which is a bit aaaah as usually weigh myself every day (I know I shouldn`t...) but I hopefully won`t put on weight as the portions are quite small and I`m hopefully avoiding all the stuff I know is bad!
Japan :eek:

Lucky you, have fun!
Welcome back Sarah! :smile:

:eek: Hope you have an amazing time in Japan liladriel! :hugs:
Wow Japan, you're so lucky. I really want to go there some day.

Welcome back Sarah.

Good bike ride today yay. My legs feel energised, shame I've done nothing since.
I'm so jealous of everyone's exotic holidays! All I've managed is a rainy week in great yarmouth with the bf's family! Although we're definitely going away next year as my bf is graduating and I'll have finished my 2nd year so I think we'll both need a rest! I love sushi, and I bet it tastes even better in japan!

I bought the cook yourself thin cookbook, it's so good, I made the lemon meringue mess today, without the cream though, and my god it's good! The lemon sauce is so sharp and lemony...it's heaven! And my meringue is all gooey in the middle :biggrin: Having roast dinner later, and the dessert was for after but couldn't resist trying some because I made it!

When I go back to uni I'm working alternate weekends 7pm-4am on friday and saturday nights....I'm dreading what that's going to do to my diet! But for now, my eating habits are pretty good, but when I go back to uni they're gonna get a bit of a shakeup, especially with not living on campus anymore and the temptation of the cafe and the bar for food between lectures!
Reply 615
xxsarahjwxx
Heya girlies (and guys!)!
I'm back from all my holidays now-just got back from 2 weeks of driving round europe with my bf which was AMAZING! I have put on so much weight but i dont really care any more. I think i have finally accepted myself as it doesnt bother me whether im fat or thin as long as im healthy. At the moment i am extremely unhealthy given the summer lifestyle so i aim to change that but im not going to do it to lose weight.
Oh and im off to cambridge on the 29th, i dont remember if i told you or not! I got four A's by some fluke and given the last few months of illness and all my eating problems, im stunned! But anyway that gives me an opportunity to normalise my eating a bit and i intend to make full use of it, especially as i wont be able to afford to binge!
How's everyone else doing? How have your summers/results/holidays/weight losses/eating been?
I intend to be back for good now despite being rather busy so i want full updates you lot!

Yay, Cambridge! You're going to love it, it's a very pretty place to live. Just don't go to Gardies, Van of Life or Van of Death (local late-night burger joints) and you'll be fine! :p: You can have a healthy eating lifestle at most colleges, most butteries have a salad bar as an option or you can have soup etc. As universities go, there isn't a huge 'student diet' culture as far as I'm aware so don't worry too much.
Reply 616
Argh. I always get distracted.

Today:

30 minutes treadmill
30 minutes sit-down bike
15 minutes stepper
45 minutes spin class

I am so proud of doing 30 minutes on the treadmill! Speed 9.0, gradient 1.0Which isn't fast, but I have exercise-triggered asthma (i.e. when I exercise my windpipe gets inflamed and constricts violently so I can't breathe) and to be able to run for half an hour without stopping is a result of working really hard on my fitness.

What else... argh... people that I HATE at the gym. I was coming back from my workout and obviously looked sweaty and vile. There were two girls sitting in front of the changing room mirrors in full gym outfit, with literally piles of make-up in front of them. They looked me up and down, looked at each other and smirked. Umm... have they never seen what someone looked like after 2 hours of hard graft?! They hadn't been on the machines so I assume they were swimming. But the pool at our gym is very relaxed, it's not a 'work out zone' unless a specific class is happening. So these girls wandered in, in full new gym kit, had a little swim, and then spent 30 minutes (the time it took for me to sauna and shower) re-doing their make-up. Argh! I wanted to scream, "You may well smirk but ladies, you two are the ones with the stomach rolls who feel you need a ton of make-up to go outside!" But I didn't. I just hate people who don't know what the gym is for.

So then I went and tried on clothes to make myself feel better. Found a pair of denim shorts in river island and the 6 was a really comfy fit. Am shocked... but pleased. Looking sweaty and vile for 2 hours a day is worth it.
Reply 617
Mata: you make me feel very lazy! Do you workout like that every day? Its pretty impressive!
Aw! I hate people like that Mata, I always look a state when I'm in the gym and it annoys me so much when people look at you like you're a two headed monster. What makes me laugh though is that most of them are fatter than me because they come in, take slow walk on the treadmill, do a lazy cycle then away they go.
Mata
Yay, Cambridge! You're going to love it, it's a very pretty place to live. Just don't go to Gardies, Van of Life or Van of Death (local late-night burger joints) and you'll be fine! :p: You can have a healthy eating lifestle at most colleges, most butteries have a salad bar as an option or you can have soup etc. As universities go, there isn't a huge 'student diet' culture as far as I'm aware so don't worry too much.

Ooh fellow Cambridge people, what colleges you at? Gardies is sooo tempting after a night out at cindies, chips in pitta bread with mayo ..... :smile: and i wonder why i put on weight at uni lol :p:

Latest