The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I went to Birmingham on a night out and consumed too many chips :frown: I ate dinner really early before we went and was fairly healthy most of the day apart from a muffin but then went halves on a burger and chips with my boyfriend at Weatherspoons and then had some of my boyfriends chips on the way to the coach station at 3am. I didn't drink much though so at least I saved on alcohol calories!
well the only way you'd gain weight is if you're eating more and exercising/being less active. try not to snack especially on junk food, but if you do, snack in moderation. drink more water and get your 5 a day. try raising your activity levels.control your portions etc basically all the things you were doing that helped you lose weight in the first place.
Reply 6242
liladriel

Gosha - don't worry about the binge, it won't make any difference in the long run and is much better to binge on healthy stuff than chocolate and cakes etc as even if it has the calories, it's much lower in saturated fats/salt etc. Maybe try allowing yourself a small treat everyday to stop binges? Lately I've been not eating much for a few days (not intentionally, just v.busy so don't seem to fit in proper meals) and then binging on stuff like cereal/cereal bars/ryvita so am trying to increase my usual daily cal intake a little so that I won't want to binge and will feel less justified in doing it.

Thanks, I'm feeling much better now - after a two-hour long workout:biggrin: and food-wise I've been good so far as well - just need to keep it up now (and make it last for longer than three days)! The thing is, I usually do have some treat every day but still I sometimes get into the mood and just binge. Like yesterday - I got a bit upset with myself for not going to the gym - my muscles were a bit sore, so that was my 'excuse'.. and it ended up with that binge :rolleyes: ).
Eee I can't wait for tomorrow, it's my treat day and I'm going to go to Boots and weigh myself :afraid:

For my treat I'm going to have one of those yummy choc bars they sell in M&S with bits of raspberry in em and are less than 99 cals :biggrin:
Arrrgh.. I'm ill, and I feel like crap! I was planning on going running this evening - no way that's happening now. And on Tuesday, even if I'm feeling better again, I won't be able to gym it, as I'm away in Oslo for a course... Grr....

I have had one Ryvita today, and that's all.. (Been awake since 12) Feel a bit hungry, but don't want to eat because it seriously huts to swallow.. :frown:
For about two weeks my tummy has been hurting almost all the time, like a squeezing feeling btu really bad and it's making me feel like I'm gonna chuck up (have had vomit up my throat several times this week). ANd makes me feel ill and queasy... It's meant I've had to either a) leave work early or b) miss it all together... Anyone have any idea what this could be?

Only did morning shift at work so went to the gym... Actually enjoyed it and ache lots now!! Quite excited about being shown how to use the free weights as at the mo I dunno really what to do so don't want to risk it and also look like a muppet and give all the men with huge muscles something to laugh at...
thepinkpowerranger
Quite excited about being shown how to use the free weights as at the mo I dunno really what to do so don't want to risk it and also look like a muppet and give all the men with huge muscles something to laugh at...

I know what you mean, I've never dared to do free weights either, because of that!! I'm planning on asking one of the instructors soon..
thepinkpowerranger
For about two weeks my tummy has been hurting almost all the time, like a squeezing feeling btu really bad and it's making me feel like I'm gonna chuck up (have had vomit up my throat several times this week). ANd makes me feel ill and queasy... It's meant I've had to either a) leave work early or b) miss it all together... Anyone have any idea what this could be?

Only did morning shift at work so went to the gym... Actually enjoyed it and ache lots now!! Quite excited about being shown how to use the free weights as at the mo I dunno really what to do so don't want to risk it and also look like a muppet and give all the men with huge muscles something to laugh at...

Oh my God!

You have just decribed my symptoms for the last week and a bit.

Have you been to your Doctor? I was os bad last night I had o phone up NHS 24 and get a painkilling injection, but it hasn't worked and right now I'm curled round a heat pad:frown:
Reply 6248
EvilSheep

I have had one Ryvita today, and that's all.. (Been awake since 12) Feel a bit hungry, but don't want to eat because it seriously huts to swallow.. :frown:

Maybe try to have some soup? or a mashed banana - should be much easier to swallow than Ryvita! :smile:
I think everyone is ill at the moment :frown:
ChocolateEyes
Oh my God!

You have just decribed my symptoms for the last week and a bit.

Have you been to your Doctor? I was os bad last night I had o phone up NHS 24 and get a painkilling injection, but it hasn't worked and right now I'm curled round a heat pad:frown:

is it possible both of you could have a stomach bug? possible strain of the norovirus? go see your gps if you haven't already
La Trampa
is it possible both of you could have a stomach bug? possible strain of the norovirus? go see your gps if you haven't already

I've never heard of a stomach bug like this *runs off to google it*

I'm making an appointment on Monday. Thanks La Trampa:smile:
ChocolateEyes
I've never heard of a stomach bug like this *runs off to google it*

I'm making an appointment on Monday. Thanks La Trampa:smile:

Weird, slightly glad I'm not the only one... Think I'll be making an appointment too. Thanks La Trampa also.
thepinkpowerranger
Weird, slightly glad I'm not the only one... Think I'll be making an appointment too. Thanks La Trampa also.

You and me both. Not that I'm happy you're ill too :s-smilie:
Becca
Eee I can't wait for tomorrow, it's my treat day and I'm going to go to Boots and weigh myself :afraid:

For my treat I'm going to have one of those yummy choc bars they sell in M&S with bits of raspberry in em and are less than 99 cals :biggrin:

They sound really yummy, I shall have to investigate:smile:
Hope you guys feel better soon :smile:

Uni is really messing up my eating atm, it's so annoying. My diet is so unvaried so I'm worried that I'm not getting enough of the right nutrients...for example my dinner tonight was a pack of dried apple rings (a big bag that was meant to last me for a few days...) and some ryvita which although came to about 400cals is no way as nutritious as a proper meal. Hmm, at least there are only 2 weeks left of term before I'm back home and eating properly - can't wait to get back to a proper routine :smile:
happydinosaur
They sound really yummy, I shall have to investigate:smile:

Tis! They're only ickle, but you can make them last for a long time ;yes;
I'm gonna aim to lose 5 pounds before my 18th birthday! :biggrin:
Epitomessence
I'm gonna aim to lose 5 stone before my 18th birthday! :biggrin:

5 stone! :eek: When's your birthday?

I've lost 3 pounds this week :smile: I've been eating between 1100 and 1500 kcals a day and went to the gym Monday-Friday. I want to lose about a stone and a half by my 20th in July :smile:
abbbbey
5 stone! :eek: When's your birthday?

I've lost 3 pounds this week :smile: I've been eating between 1100 and 1500 kcals a day and went to the gym Monday-Friday. I want to lose about a stone and a half by my 20th in July :smile:

%%%%%%%%, I mean 5 pounds! :biggrin: I must sound like such a fatty. :biggrin: :biggrin:

My birthday's in April. :smile:

Latest