The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

...i hate going out with my skinny friends :redface: im not even 'fat' persay, im just friends with far too slim people!!
tinkerbellejess
Men! My boyfriend does that, gets sulky for no reason.

MEN?? Its you women that seem to be pro at this :biggrin:. I dont think I've ever sulked in my life. My girlfriend o nthe other hand...
meathead1987
MEN?? Its you women that seem to be pro at this :biggrin:. I dont think I've ever sulked in my life. My girlfriend o nthe other hand...

When we sulk it's for a reason :P
SquishyHomie
...i hate going out with my skinny friends :redface: im not even 'fat' persay, im just friends with far too slim people!!

I know what you mean - I'm far taller than most of my friends so even though I'm not fatter than them I have to wear larger clothes sizes and weigh more than them, it's frustrating! I will never be a 6 or an 8 in my life!

Oh and yes, women are FAR better at sulking than men :p:
tinkerbellejess
When we sulk it's for a reason :P

haha, I must have overlooked that :biggrin:.
I just had cheesecake at work. Naughty but nice!
beebeeworm
I know what you mean - I'm far taller than most of my friends so even though I'm not fatter than them I have to wear larger clothes sizes and weigh more than them, it's frustrating! I will never be a 6 or an 8 in my life!

Oh and yes, women are FAR better at sulking than men :p:

amen! im 6ft and not particularly skinny so i stick out like mad :sad:

ah well...going bowling tonight with some guys and my skinny friends...*cries* :p:
I have too many tall friends so I'm the one that stands out (in a can't be seen if I'm standing behind them way) lol But I'm 5'5 which is hardly miniscule!
Ah see most of my friends are 5'5 or under and I'm 5'10. Stick out a lot - even when they're wearing heels.
Will walking up (+ down) a 600 metres high mountain be an ok substitute for 1.5 hours at the gym?? lol
EvilSheep
Will walking up (+ down) a 600 metres high mountain be an ok substitute for 1.5 hours at the gym?? lol

It's something different. :biggrin: lol

Yey! I actually did all the free weights I'm supposed to (or my PT told me to do) at the gym today. Even though it meant I had to brave being the only girl around all these guys. i felt like such a wimp taking all the weights off the bar for the bench and just doing bench presses with the bar (it's actually quite heavy I swear lol)... Guess we all gotta start somewhere. I did my squats and stuff too! =D As well as the CV that I always do. Yey!

And I hurt already... gotta be good! lol
Reply 6691
overate a bit today, mainly healthy stuff and pigged out on fruit/dry fruit and a few nuts! oh well :smile: gonna treat myself toa tube of smarties tomorrow :biggrin:
Reply 6692
thepinkpowerranger
I'm trying to eat between 1300 - 1600 a day. You're right it's not so much just I'd already had my dinner and I was hungry but didn't want to eat more than that... If that makes any sense =/

Oh I'm in the same situation. I'm trying to eat 1500/1600 to maintain, but I get soooooo hungry at night especially if I have to stay up and worked. I've stocked up on Ryvita.
thanks to everyone for the birthday wishes!!!

If you want to know exactly how far i let myself go 'tis as follows:
breakfast = porridge with water and dash of skim milk and brown sweetner (good start)
lunch = beef burger on ciabatta bun with tomato relish , cheddar cheese and bacon with thick cut chips
snack = birthday cake
dinner = chinese roast duck in plum sauce and entire container of egg fried rice
dessert = more cake
snack = full fat cadburys hot choc and whipped cream
so.... i challenge anyone to feel guilty about what they've eaten in comparison to that!!!!
lulubelle

breakfast = porridge with water and dash of skim milk and brown sweetner (good start)
lunch = beef burger on ciabatta bun with tomato relish , cheddar cheese and bacon with thick cut chips
snack = birthday cake
dinner = chinese roast duck in plum sauce and entire container of egg fried rice
dessert = more cake
so.... i challenge anyone to feel guilty about what they've eaten in comparison to that!!!!

Lol happy birthday =D I hope you don't feel guilty either!! It was your birthday afterall... And it sounds good! =D Also, I read (somewhere) that when you're dieting an occasional calorie fest is good because if reminds your body it's not in starvation mode. :wink: :biggrin:
I'm going on holiday next week and found out we didn't get into one of my fave restaurants... they do the best chocolate cake EVER with creamy chocolate sauce and whipped cream.... oh well, spose it's better for my waist line but still... feel depressed about it!! :biggrin: I'm still going to a hotel where its a 6/7 course meal and you basically have as much as you want, in particular desserts :biggrin: its why I've been good the majority of the past few weeks and have upped gym sessions :biggrin:
lulubelle

snack = birthday cake
dessert = more cake

It's my birthday sunday week and I'm going to a hotel with a 6/7 course meal where you basically serve yourself...I will probably look pregnant for a week afterwards. They have like 3 dessert courses and do the best pancakes so the ice cream is wrapped up inside it still hard :biggrin:
Reply 6697
Ah, but diets don't count on your birthday! Enjoy yourself, if you've been being good you can afford a few treats!

It's my boyfriend's birthday in a couple of weeks and I've decided diets don't count then either! lol. We're going to go to London and just eat all day I think!
Reply 6698
I've decided to allow myself some kind of treat (a small - 100g - tub of Ben & Jerrys :biggrin: ) every few days. Today was my first time when I tried this approach - at first, I got into the familiar mood 'I've just screwed my diet so I can eat anything now and binge' but managed to defeat these feelings in the end and was feeling very good and had lots of energy, so had a pretty good workout in the evening (2 60-minute long classes - a toning one and 'boxercise') :smile:
I did a total of what I ate today using the tesco tracker,and oh my word! who knew that 1 salmon fillet (approx. 200g) had the same amount of calories you should be getting in one meal! i love the stuff but at roughly 430 calories per fillet, me thinks I have to cut back or something! grr!

Latest