The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

thanks Gosha, the food focus is for the british so it has evrything, even fastfood calories!
edit: yay new episode of desperate housewives is out! :biggrin:
A cup of tea is the best snack for me, fills me right up!! And I find that I can have more substantial meals then, too!! [and a 'dessert' type thing, too] :smile:

I am a healthy bunny, lately. I even pointed my cider yesterday and I never usually point my alcohol [which is bad, I know :redface:] - so yeah I am actually looking forward to Wednesday [weigh in day], weight loss or no!! :biggrin:
Reply 7462
La Trampa
thanks Gosha, the food focus is for the british so it has evrything, even fastfood calories!

Thanks that food focus looks really great - I'd say the best tracker I've seen so far!
Reply 7463
SilverWings
A cup of tea is the best snack for me, fills me right up!! And I find that I can have more substantial meals then, too!! [and a 'dessert' type thing, too] :smile:

I am a healthy bunny, lately. I even pointed my cider yesterday and I never usually point my alcohol [which is bad, I know :redface:] - so yeah I am actually looking forward to Wednesday [weigh in day], weight loss or no!! :biggrin:

:five:
*guzzles lilt zero.*:pepsi:
so good:^_^:
Reply 7464
ok hair pic! Sorry, it's a badly taken one and my chin looks HUGE but it's the best I can do with a self timer. Also my parting got a bit messed as i qas taking my glasses out when the damn thing was beeping! And my eyes are kinda shut because of the flash but I gave up. :p: Oh well.

Spoiler

omg! jeanne that is beautiful!! it looks lovely. for some reason it looks a bit lighter than usual too but that may just be the light. and WOW how clear is your skin :eek: i wish i had your complexion! gorgeous pic! nicest one i've seen of you :biggrin:
Reply 7466
.x.jen.x.
omg! jeanne that is beautiful!! it looks lovely. for some reason it looks a bit lighter than usual too but that may just be the light. and WOW how clear is your skin :eek: i wish i had your complexion! gorgeous pic! nicest one i've seen of you :biggrin:

awww thank you!! really? lol my skin is anything BUT clear, I think I got lucky because of the light. And yea my hair looks weird and light for some reason. but I like it :biggrin:

anyway i'm off to try dresses. I'm taking my camera along but I'm really bad at taking pics in mirrors etc so dunno whether I'll come back with photographic evidence, but yea :biggrin:
minimo
awww thank you!! really? lol my skin is anything BUT clear, I think I got lucky because of the light. And yea my hair looks weird and light for some reason. but I like it :biggrin:

anyway i'm off to try dresses. I'm taking my camera along but I'm really bad at taking pics in mirrors etc so dunno whether I'll come back with photographic evidence, but yea :biggrin:

yeh it looks reaallly good and clear! im jealous :p: it's not just "luck"!

have fun dress shopping! :biggrin:
jeanne you look good aand does your hair!
take pics of the dresses :smile:
Minimo - you're hair looks really nice and I agree with Jen - your skin looks amazing! :biggrin:
Lilian
im back on teh simple three meals a day and no snacks. I find snacks just pull me back :s-smilie: low cal fizzy drinks/tea/coffee are better for me weight loss wise anyway. I find snacks gives me thwe once you pop you just can't stop effect :sad:/ I'm gonna have to keep this up for life but I must admit it's such an awesome feeling being REALLY hungry for a meal cus you enjoy it sooo much more. ANyway may go tesco now to get some food and then will take dog for a walk and then out "cruising" for the day in my new car.
heh :redface:

That approach definitely works for me. Even "healthy" snacks add 300cals each day so it really makes a difference. It's so much better being really hungry as then you can really enjoy your meals - just make sure that you space them out regularly so that you don't get too starving in between! I have green tea/decaff coffee with soy milk or sugar-free squash between meals. Really like Robinsons Summer Fruits with sparking water - so good! :smile:

I think I'm going to have salad with hard-boiled eggs on for lunch as we have some in the fridge that are best before tomorrow so should probably use them.
Reply 7471
liladriel
That approach definitely works for me. Even "healthy" snacks add 300cals each day so it really makes a difference. It's so much better being really hungry as then you can really enjoy your meals - just make sure that you space them out regularly so that you don't get too starving in between! I have green tea/decaff coffee with soy milk or sugar-free squash between meals. Really like Robinsons Summer Fruits with sparking water - so good! :smile:

I think I'm going to have salad with hard-boiled eggs on for lunch as we have some in the fridge that are best before tomorrow so should probably use them.

sounds good, though I dont like eggs :p:
I had a cous cous salad from tesco and a low fat "really fruity" yoghurt and two clementines. really yummy and satisfying. We have some of those milkystar little packets downstairs that my mum found and put on the side.:s-smilie: But atm I'm thinking that there's no point in having them as they'll offer me no satisfaction and are just junk and empty calories.
They don't even taste that nice those milkystars, I don't like them anyway. :redface:
Reply 7473
SilverWings
They don't even taste that nice those milkystars, I don't like them anyway. :redface:

you're right tbh
:smile:
Reply 7474
a good start to the week today...had 2 boiled egg whites on seeded toast with some ketchup at abt 11...filled me right up. had a pear just now...im not feeling hungry so lunch can wait :smile:

you know what...for the last few weeks id been binging on junk food - everything from chocolate cake to crisps and chocolate bars..crazy! but when i eat healthily i feel soo good, it just makes me feel really nice inside. that feeling is worth WAY more than the feeling you get when you eat chocolate and junk food.

Rosemary Conley's saying is true - "Nothing tastes as good as being slim feels."

Unfortunately for me I havent had the 'feeling' of being slim...but I will, im more determined than ever! and just a quick shout out to all those who post here - i dont know any of you on a personal level, but reading your posts and progress really motivates me! Thanks! :biggrin:
Reply 7475
dp0567
a good start to the week today...had 2 boiled egg whites on seeded toast with some ketchup at abt 11...filled me right up. had a pear just now...im not feeling hungry so lunch can wait :smile:

you know what...for the last few weeks id been binging on junk food - everything from chocolate cake to crisps and chocolate bars..crazy! but when i eat healthily i feel soo good, it just makes me feel really nice inside. that feeling is worth WAY more than the feeling you get when you eat chocolate and junk food.

Rosemary Conley's saying is true - "Nothing tastes better than how being slim feels."

Unfortunately for me I havent had the 'feeling' of being slim...but I will, im more determined than ever! and just a quick shout out to all those who post here - i dont know any of you on a personal level, but reading your posts and progress really motivates me! Thanks! :biggrin:

:ditto: ...still doesn't want me being really excited abotu my meal out on Sunday though ehhe shall have a fairly healthy main meal and then a cheeky dessert hehe!
Had cold nandos stlye sweet and sticky chicken with salad in pitta for lunch followed by a handful of tesco wholefood dried banana chips. Hopefully that should see me through to dinner, though it might not as I will get home rather late so have a special k bar with me just in case. Putting effort in last night to make a packed lunch has made today feel like a good day :smile:

Now back to essaying :frown:
Reply 7477
i got a huggggee pineapple today
(see pic below :cool:)

guess how much it was!
Reply 7478
hello I have pictures!!

Well the principles ones wern't in John Lewis :frown: and the orange karen millen one made me uh look like an orange.

BUT, my favourite the black one, looked really good on. It was like 1/2 a cem too loose on one side though :s-smilie: so dunno what to do. If it wasn't as expensive I'd have bought it instantly. aaargh!

Spoiler

Reply 7479
sorry the pics are bad quality...I'm not really good at this kinda thing!

Latest