The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 7640
I can't understand it but adding a bit of cinnamon to my morning porridge makes me much more full :eek: (I've tried for two days and got the same result). I've read it somewhere that cinnamon is apparently good for weight loss, but would never guess it would make such impact!
I think the taste is making you eat slower and appreciate the food much more.

Just my random uninformed opinion though :redface:
cinnamon is good because it can double as sugar and salt :p:
maybe it kicks starts metabollism a bit, :dontknow:
i have cinnamon grahams for breakfast now and they're yummy!
Reply 7643
Gosha
I can't understand it but adding a bit of cinnamon to my morning porridge makes me much more full :eek: (I've tried for two days and got the same result). I've read it somewhere that cinnamon is apparently good for weight loss, but would never guess it would make such impact!

I find cinammon quit a strong taste, so can only eat so much of something cinamonny. Maybe that's why??
Reply 7644
And no jacket pot for me. I'm gonna be a healthy minimo :biggrin:
Reply 7645
minimo
And no jacket pot for me. I'm gonna be a healthy minimo :biggrin:

lol jacket pot is healthy!what are uy having instead :s-smilie:?!
Reply 7646
Lilian
lol jacket pot is healthy!what are uy having instead :s-smilie:?!
Yah, but I like them SMOTHERED in cheese.

I'm having potato, chicken and brocolli bgty meal. I'll buy me a choccie bar when I go to sainsbos :smile:
Reply 7647
minimo
Yah, but I like them SMOTHERED in cheese.

I'm having potato, chicken and brocolli bgty meal. I'll buy me a choccie bar when I go to sainsbos :smile:

ohh :p: how about extra light philly instead?
Reply 7648
I have some of those:p:
Reply 7649
minimo
I find cinammon quit a strong taste, so can only eat so much of something cinamonny. Maybe that's why??

I don't know - but I felt full for longer as well. Not that I'm complaining :p:
Reply 7650
Lilian
ohh :p: how about extra light philly instead?

nah, I only like them smothered in cheese :p:
Reply 7651
Purple
I have some of those:p:

they're quite nice I think :smile:
woop im having a good day! i feel good about myself and my mum told me i looked really slim this morning and i thought yes actually i do look slimmer!! :biggrin:

getting right back on track which is goooood :smile: possibly going to the gym later but im sooooo tired from driving back to uni this morning then rushing to a lecture, so maybe it will wait til tomorrow! My boyfriend is coming over tomorrow so i might suggest we go for a long walk and picnic or go swimming and stuff #excited#

i have pea and ham soup for my lunch with a slice of weight watchers bread and it's sooo good!
Reply 7653
Having a good day so far...checking this makes me motivated so perhaps I should come online a bit more!

(although my uni work might suffer...:s-smilie:)

...I had the Weetabix for breakfast, and then a granary roll with grilled chicken for lunch. I was going to have a banana but it had gone all black and mushy:frown:

Might go to gym later depending how far I get with essays...and I will have to go on a long walk to the library:smile:

Just a question...what does everyone do in terms of exercise? Just curious to see how it compares to mine.

I try to walk for an hour a day at least (not hard in term when I have lectures), and also go to the gym 3-4 times a week...hard in term because I lack time. I also swim occasionally.:smile:
Reply 7654
I dont know what to have for lunch :frown:
Reply 7655
RIGHT
four months till V so losing 30lbs by then is my aim and eating super healthy and having a MAX of 1400 calories a day, preferably 1200.
Reply 7656
Hey guys, after my binge on tues i've been really good. Had a mammoth session at the gym yesterday and ate really healthily - woo. And today's been pretty good so far as well..

But, i'm going food shopping later and am after some ideas. I want to start eating more fish (oily ones). I like cod (but only usually eat in fishcakes) and eat salmon - but i think i should start eating more oily varieties such as trout or summat. So, does anyone have any good (healthy) fish recipes?

I might buy a george (i've always wanted a george) and try cooking fillets fairly simply on that.

Is trout the best oily fish? or should i try plaice or summat else? ideas please....
I'm rubbish at life....or just dieting. I had a pizza hut yesterday (like i expected! damn temptation) although the good thing is that the all you can eat buffet was closed! So i had a few slices of pizza and a bowl of salad (salad sounds good but knowing pizza hut it's probably covered in lard). And last night i ate a load of pringles and terry's chocolate orange. :frown:

I'm gonna try and be good and just not snack today, dad's already made veg curry and rice for me for tonight (was meant to have it last night but i went out). Also tomorrow i've got my school ball...what are the chances if i don't eat anything tomorrow at all i'll lose 1 million lbs by the night? Hahaha. :biggrin:
Reply 7658
angie:nofrills
I'm rubbish at life....or just dieting. I had a pizza hut yesterday (like i expected! damn temptation) although the good thing is that the all you can eat buffet was closed! So i had a few slices of pizza and a bowl of salad (salad sounds good but knowing pizza hut it's probably covered in lard). And last night i ate a load of pringles and terry's chocolate orange. :frown:

I'm gonna try and be good and just not snack today, dad's already made veg curry and rice for me for tonight (was meant to have it last night but i went out). Also tomorrow i've got my school ball...what are the chances if i don't eat anything tomorrow at all i'll lose 1 million lbs by the night? Hahaha. :biggrin:

maybe try some of the advice from here? :smile: http://www.womenshealthmag.com/weight-loss/fast-weight-loss-tips

hope you'll enjoy it (the ball, not the article lol)
Gosha
maybe try some of the advice from here? :smile: http://www.womenshealthmag.com/weight-loss/fast-weight-loss-tips

hope you'll enjoy it (the ball, not the article lol)

Ooh thank you :smile: fake tan shall definitely be a good one to follow, especially as i banged my shin the other day and have a (thankfully small) bruise! I also need to paint my toenails...i bought the cutest peeptoe shoes...but i have hideous nails at the moment haha.

Still haven't decided what to do with my hair though...hmmm, the joys of being a girl eh?!

Latest