The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

I've had a good day today - had the nicest dessert last night so feel satisfied and motivated to eat well for the rest of the weekend :smile: Went food shopping with my parents today and bought a crazy amount of fruit so will be eating loads of pears/plums/apples/melons for the next few days!
~Sam~
I weighed myself in boots this afternoon and have gone back down to my pre-easter (I managed to put on 2lb due to all the chocolate!) Although according to the machine I've shrunk and am now only 5'3 which I refuse to believe, I obv wasn't standing up straight enough cos i've been 5'4 every other time i've used it.

But anyway, still looking to lose a few more pounds before the summer. Haven't been to the gym for weeks because I have so much uni work on, but am hopefully going to go tomorrow morning.

Ooh and I just found a really nice low-calorie dessert! Chop up one plum (or any fruit, I just happened to have plums!) put a few spoonfuls of low-fat natural yoghurt over it, and then finely chop one square of dark chocolate and sprinkle it on top. Was yummy.

Mmm very tasty.

How about frozen grapes? Also low-calorie and high-tasty snack! Mmm!

Or chopped up strawberries, banana and mix it in with your tasty low fat and low cal joghurt!
Reply 7802
frozen grapes are yummy. as is frozen banana (tastes just like banana ice cream!), or sugar free jelly is nice too. they're my favourite sweet treats atm anyway.
Reply 7803
Friedrich Nietzsche
Mmm very tasty.

How about frozen grapes? Also low-calorie and high-tasty snack! Mmm!

Or chopped up strawberries, banana and mix it in with your tasty low fat and low cal joghurt!

I've never tried frozen grapes, will have to!
~Sam~
I've never tried frozen grapes, will have to!

They are amazing.

Do it now!
Ugh feel like such a fatty. Had an ok, not great, day and was on about 1350cals but then my housemate just ordered chinese so I had a bit. Now I'm on nearly 2000cals I reckon, having eating fatty food late at night. What a waste of me trying to be good. At the time I always think ooh I'll have some, I've been good, it won't hurt but I always stress so much about it afterwards that it doesn't make it worth having. Just wish I would realise that before I have it.

On the plus side, my body seems to be looking better having exercised a lot this week. I guess it's just back to square one and trying to be realllllly good from tomorrow - no allowances.
I bought some nice healthy foods from the supermarket this week.

Bananas, strawberries, frozen cherries, grapes, 1,5% fat milk, peppers, onions, mushrooms.

For dinner tonight I had chicken breast chopped up with lots of red onion, mushrooms and egg noodles. Mmm!
Reply 7807
I didn't make it to the gym or jogging today, so i was feeling a bit guilty (specially as instead of going to the gym i watched 4 episodes of 24...) and just did my Natalie Cassidy "Then and Now" DVD. It's pretty good! Twas the first time i've tried it and I'm sweating like a trooper...

Do you think it would count as "aerpbics general" "aerobics low impact" or "aerobics high impact" on the foodfocus site though?
aerobics high impact :smile: is it really that good? i've been tempted to get it.
Reply 7809
Well i liked it! I'd prob get a bit bored of it (or annoyed by them) after doing it lots, but i think it's a pretty good as an alternative when i've not been in the gym/jogging.

It helps that Natalie Cassidy looks really fit while she's doing it! I'd lurve to look like her (but without her face).

and according to foodfocus the 40 minute work out (excluding the warm down) as "aerobics general" was 287 kcals for me! So not so shabby at all! at "high impact" it rekons 350 kcals...

Which considering i wasn't going to do any exercise today is fine by me.
I gave in this evening and had er... almost 6 poptarts. I don't quite know how I did this. I'm just going to count this as my cheat day. Back on track from now on. Drinking lots of water now and listening to music whilst energetically cleaning my room (if it's possible to energetically clean a room that's the size of a roomy wardrobe).
Reply 7811
i've just eaten a bunch of biscuits. I reckon I must be on about 1600 cals? Oh well I guess it's OK, I have my period so :frown:
Reply 7812
You think thats bad, it was my birthday last week, and we had cake, booze, pizza. Its been awful. Need to lose about 15kg. So soup + water for one meal a day it will have to be.
Oh gosh, i had my school ball on friday, and although the food wasn't too unhealthy...i had melon to start, some kind of goats cheese and onion tartlet (which i didn't eat cus it was hideous) which came with loads of veg! But i drank way too much, had like a bottle and a half of wine, and about 12 shots of tequila/sambuca...hmm, not a good move.

Although yesterday because of my hangover i only had lunch..granted it was chips and cheese (comfort food) in my lunch break..but i skipped breakfast because i felt sick, and when i got home at 6 i went straight to bed! Wooop. Ok so that's something good that came out of friday i guess...otherwise i made a lotttttttttt of mistakes.
Reply 7814
Urgh I had a hideously bad day yesterday. Just snacking on crap all day. I think it's because I had a sugary breakfast cereal (Weetabix Minis)....so I'm going to stick with porridge and fruit from now on I think:smile:Filling and yummy.

Anyway, back on track today hopefully:s-smilie:

I just want to be healthier:frown:
Yey I lost a pound this week... slowly but surely! I'm not eating breakfast, lunch and dinner more just watching my calories... Bit bad really... Just need to get stuff into a routine and it will work better me thinks!!
^I'm feeling the same way. I still need to get back into my old routine (grazing on fruit with the occasional healthy meal) -- but ATM I'm staying at a friend's house and just have to eat the few non-junk foods they have. So today I've had sushi, coffee and milk. :rolleyes:
hmmm the idea of sushi makes me wanna puke but i have herd its very good for you ....wish i had the guts to try it tough i very much doubt i would like it lol.

today has been the usually affair brown flakes for brekkie
2 cups of t
then wholemeal tuna and cucumber butty no butter , low fat mayo instead [ ye i no that aint good :frown: but its too try just dry bread and tuna ha ,

discovered that Quavers are only 87 calories per bag :O less than a banana lol 4.9g of fat but hey :wink:
Reply 7818
i feel so ill. :frown: I'm trying my best not to be sick and I look like death. :frown: :frown:
x__Indigo_x
hmmm the idea of sushi makes me wanna puke but i have herd its very good for you ....wish i had the guts to try it tough i very much doubt i would like it lol.

today has been the usually affair brown flakes for brekkie
2 cups of t
then wholemeal tuna and cucumber butty no butter , low fat mayo instead [ ye i no that aint good :frown: but its too try just dry bread and tuna ha ,

discovered that Quavers are only 87 calories per bag :O less than a banana lol 4.9g of fat but hey :wink:

Sushi is delicious! Also it's not raw fish - that's a misconception. Sushi means rice. Sashimi is raw fish and pretty much no shop bought sushi in the UK contains raw fish. You should try it.

Latest