The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Gem don't stress about it, just have a great day at the seaside :smile: Think I'll be hitting Brighton beach later on today,may even risk a bikini in england for the first time this year!
Have a great day Gem! :biggrin:

Eurgh... not a great start today. :frown:
Reply 162
Have fun, Gem!

Wish I was going to the seaside today...

We're having family round for lunch so have just been to Waitrose for dessert, custard, cream etc... Don't think I'll have any though as find it much easier to stay on track by avoiding it completely and really want this day to be a good one! On the plus side, my mum and I are going to make a nice healthy salad in a bit so can eat that guilt-free :smile:
Went to the gym at 10 this morning, I forgot how great it was being able to go to the gym early. I prefer it to going in the afternoon, although if I do go in the afternoon it gives me something to do.
I still haven't got used to having weekends off, it's such a novelty. I get so bored though, I should find something productive to do.
Reply 164
raveinelle
Hurrah! I bought my twist-stepper today :biggrin:

So tomorrow, onwards with the exercise. I'm hoping that my legs'll benefit before I go back to college, and my calorie-counting'll help nudge it along. Roll on the 'new (academic) year, new wardrobe' shop :p:

ooh i have one of those :biggrin: was stepping away last night while eastenders was on, the time flew by! i worked up a bit of a sweat. mine hasn't got the arm bits though.

I bought some new scales about week ago, digital ones. and i am trying to not weigh myself four times a day, i am a bit obsessed with my new toy but sometimes it can depress me!

i just went shopping with my mum. i planned all our meals for the week but she still was picking up packs of nasty things like reformed chicken pieces and trifles and the like. which is irritating. and she doesn't understand that you don't need more than 4 chicken breasts to feed 4 people. I am saving her a fortune! and she bought cherry bakewells and crisps and stuff but i guess i will have to ignore them in the cupboard. at least all of our dinners will be good stuff. tonight i am going to be making a fresh curry, i made one a while back and it was pretty tasty so hopefully it will turn out ok. enjoy the sunshine :smile:
My cousin and hs friend are staying at mine from tomorrow for a week which mean no peace and lots of junk food for me. Hopefully going back to school should put me back on the right track so I can't snack.
Reply 166
Crumpets :tongue:
I seriously can't wait until September! :biggrin: Because all summer i have said "i'm not going to lose any weight over the summer" and tbh i was right, i think i've lost a total of 4lbs in 7ish weeks. :p: But once Sept arrives, and i'm back at college, i get into a much better routine. I don't have days like today where i stay in all day and eat ****. Wooo... for 3 weeks time! :smile:
I hate it when you have a binge day or two and eat half of Tescos (or what seems like :p:) and then you feel inclined to eat next to nothing for a bit.

Today, I've had a banana, about 100kcals and 400mls with some nesquik powder thrown in, about 250kcals. That's the closest I'm getting to chocolate for a bit :biggrin:

I'm off to my friends for a 'BBQ' in about an hour, so no doubt I'll end up meeting my calorie RDA with white wine :redface:
Hahahahahaha... i have just found a big bar of chocolate, that my mum has been hiding (behind the cat food)! :p: She's a chocoholic anyway, and i'm sure she's trying to help my weight loss, but i find it funny. :biggrin:

I'm not gonna eat it though, coz tbh i don't want any. :smile:
Behind the cat food is a classic hiding place! My mum hide stuff there as well
Reply 171
I just returned from the gym, a little late today but I still feel really good!
The guy the works there aptly told me of everyone that comes in I have the biggest breasts. Hmm, at least I know they aren't shrinking!

I'm back on track now :smile:
Spoog!
I just returned from the gym, a little late today but I still feel really good!
The guy the works there aptly told me of everyone that comes in I have the biggest breasts. Hmm, at least I know they aren't shrinking!

I'm back on track now :smile:

Rofl. :rofl: Well done anyway! :smile:
Reply 173
1310 cals for me today so not bad at :smile: Had family over for lunch and in the past I would've used this as an excuse to have a "bad day" but feel as if I've broken that thought pattern now. Had dessert too, but only half a slice of this toffee roulade thing which was actually enough as it was so sweet. So pleased I didn't go crazy and eat loads.

Glad you had a good gym visit, Spoog! I'm going to go tomorrow morning I think as it'll be super empty then.
I'm off to the gym early tomorrow so I can avoid my cousin for a bit.
Reply 175
Thankyou for the nice words :smile:
Well done liladriel! I still have that thought pattern unfortunately, I can't help it. I usually work extra hard at the gym the next day to make me feel better haha :tongue:
Reply 176
Aww thanks for the messages guys :smile:

I had a great day! Got sunburnt, but oh well! I had some chips at the harbour, didn't eat them all but then didn't eat anything bad after that, no fudge, no candy floss, no cinder toffee :proud:

I've bought some as presents so I need to give them to the people I bought them for before I eat them haha :rofl:

How are we all girlies?
Gem
Aww thanks for the messages guys :smile:

I had a great day! Got sunburnt, but oh well! I had some chips at the harbour, didn't eat them all but then didn't eat anything bad after that, no fudge, no candy floss, no cinder toffee :proud:

I've bought some as presents so I need to give them to the people I bought them for before I eat them haha :rofl:

How are we all girlies?

Glad you had a good day! :smile:

I've done that before. :redface: About a month ago, i bought a friend of mine a teddy, a random thing & some Guylian (sp?) chocolates. I ended up eating the chocs! :eek: :redface: :redface:
Had about 1100 today :smile: I love being in Brighton, it's my fave place in the whole world I think.

I've had:
B - peach and 3 plums, handful of my bros coco pops (about 300)
L - salmon and cucumber sandwich (290)
S - Starbucks coffee light frappe (119)
T - tuna with extra light mayo (160), lettuce and tomato with M&S vinaigrette (80), peach and a half (70) and 3 of my sisters chicken nuggets (100ish)

So not amazingly healthy but keeping busy stops me snacking so much. Yay :smile: Plus I walked miles round town today. I live about a 25min walk from the town centre - walked in and back plus wandered around the shops and to the beach so have hopefully burnt a few cals :smile:
Reply 179
Bexiness!
Glad you had a good day! :smile:

I've done that before. :redface: About a month ago, i bought a friend of mine a teddy, a random thing & some Guylian (sp?) chocolates. I ended up eating the chocs! :eek: :redface: :redface:

Aww bless ya! :hugs:

Thing is, it's fudge, and not only that, but it's seaside fudge...there's a difference ;yes;

Latest