The Student Room Group

Losing a really good friend :(

I used to work with this girl for just under a year, she left about 3 months ago to work somewhere else. When we worked together we always used to have a really good laugh. We talked somewhat on Facebook but not a lot as we saw each other at work, she used to tag me in post about 2 - 4 times a week. Anyways I started to develop feelings for her and she did not feel the same way as I asked. We still talked when she left for her new job and used to talk (messaged) most days for about 2 - 5 hours.

The 2nd to last week we worked together she went on holiday and slept with someone. This really bothered me as I still had feeling for her. I never said anything about it until a month ago. Where I sort of shammed her for doing it, she said she could not look or talk to me anymore as she didn't know what I thought about her. Since then I've apologised so much and she seems to understand a bit of why I said it however she doesn't really talk to me anymore. We are currently coming to the end of talking about it and it takes her about 3 days to reply.

Looking back she was a really close friend and I used to love talking to her until I told her how I felt and she didn't feel the same way. I want that friendship back but I don't think it will ever be the same. I don't know what she thinks of me now. Should I ask? I want to know if she still considers us friends or not...
Original post by Anonymous
I used to work with this girl for just under a year, she left about 3 months ago to work somewhere else. When we worked together we always used to have a really good laugh. We talked somewhat on Facebook but not a lot as we saw each other at work, she used to tag me in post about 2 - 4 times a week. Anyways I started to develop feelings for her and she did not feel the same way as I asked. We still talked when she left for her new job and used to talk (messaged) most days for about 2 - 5 hours.

The 2nd to last week we worked together she went on holiday and slept with someone. This really bothered me as I still had feeling for her. I never said anything about it until a month ago. Where I sort of shammed her for doing it, she said she could not look or talk to me anymore as she didn't know what I thought about her. Since then I've apologised so much and she seems to understand a bit of why I said it however she doesn't really talk to me anymore. We are currently coming to the end of talking about it and it takes her about 3 days to reply.

Looking back she was a really close friend and I used to love talking to her until I told her how I felt and she didn't feel the same way. I want that friendship back but I don't think it will ever be the same. I don't know what she thinks of me now. Should I ask? I want to know if she still considers us friends or not...

Too messy, I think. It hurts now and seems difficult to not be her friend etc but over time you'll get over it and if you put your mind to it, find someone else.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending