Join TSR now and chat about whatever you’re intoSign up now

Can you cancel the application for the reorder for the lost provision license? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I'm in kinda in a unique situation. Earlier this day I lost my wallet -- along with it, i lost my provisional driving license, debit card and my student accommodation's keycard. As a result, I canceled my credit card immediately, applied for reorder of the provisional license and filed a report for the lost wallet at the local police department ( I didn't expect much to come out of it).

However, later today, a police officer knocked on my door and informed me that my wallet was delivered to the station by an elderly man (for which I'm really grateful -- not everyday this happens), but right now I'm in a sort of dilemma. I paid around £20 for the replacement of the license via internet, but since It's returned, is it possible to expect a refund and cancellation? Since it was only placed recently.

Kind regards,

Anthony.

P.S. I realize that situation I described above is very rare, but I'd like some pointers.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    Why don't you just call up DVLA and ask?

ReputationRep:
    if the application for the replacement licence has been accepted your old licence is now invalid and should nominally at least be returned as it;s issue number will indicate it;s the current licence

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 18, 2016
Poll
Which pet is the best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.