The Student Room Group

taking forever to reply...ignoring?

Met a guy online known him for a 2/3 years. We are only friends and haven't had the opportunity to meet up due to certain reasons. He told me he has started to like me alot. I told him he has never met me so shouldn't get ahead of himself plus theres too much of a distance in where we live. Anyway he always replies late to texts, he'll come online but won't reply until several hours later. He has previously not replied to a text for 2 days. He use to do this before he said he likes me too. Usually I'd think people were just busy but being online and not bothering to reply
Skype?
Reply 2
Original post by Orbital Rising
Skype?

Yes but I wouldn't want to be with someone I've only seen on Skype anyway. I'm more bothered about why my texts are ignored yet I'm told I'm liked.
Original post by Anonymous
Yes but I wouldn't want to be with someone I've only seen on Skype anyway. I'm more bothered about why my texts are ignored yet I'm told I'm liked.

Texting causes too many miscommunication problems not to mention all the time wasted while waiting for a reply. If you arrange a Skype conversation you should be able to read his body language and use that to judge whether the relationship is worth pursuing.

If you have a conversation face to face you can see how you feel. Posting on TSR and texting will probably make you more anxious. It's best to be direct.
Reply 4
Original post by Orbital Rising
Texting causes too many miscommunication problems not to mention all the time wasted while waiting for a reply. If you arrange a Skype conversation you should be able to read his body language and use that to judge whether the relationship is worth pursuing.

If you have a conversation face to face you can see how you feel. Posting on TSR and texting will probably make you more anxious. It's best to be direct.

I wouldn't want a relationship anyway due to the distance hassle. Plus theres a time difference and we both work.
I'm left wondering whether he actually doesn't want to talk and is eventually replying just to be nice
Original post by Anonymous
I wouldn't want a relationship anyway due to the distance hassle. Plus theres a time difference and we both work.
I'm left wondering whether he actually doesn't want to talk and is eventually replying just to be nice

If he saw you as a relationship prospect and you implicitly said you weren't interested then he's probably ghosting you. If you stop contacting him you'll know for sure: either he will try to initiate conversation which makes it clear he still wants to be friends, or you both move on.

But for everybody's sake if there is the slightest doubt make it clear you don't want a relationship.
(edited 7 years ago)
Reply 6
Bump
Reply 7

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending