The Student Room Group

Should I stay or leave?

I am in a student committee this year and have a crush on one of the younger members. I don't know how she found it out - she messaged me suddenly, telling me she didn't like me and asking me not to mention her anywhere, which I have no idea at all since I rarely talked to her.

I have been very upset over her for the past few months as well. I don't know if I should leave that committee, but because my term in the committee is supposed to end in May, I don't know if it is still meaningful to do so. Another thing is I simply feel myself not being able to blend in because I am a very shy man who can hardly sustain a conversation for >10 minutes unless it is something really interesting.

I simply don't know what to do...day by day nothing is not getting more and more nasty.
You don't have to leave because she's not interested in you, if it's stressing you and no longer means anything to you, I would say leave.
Reply 2
I would see it out, unless you want to give up. Just treat her professionally as a committee member rather than as a friend. Rejections are common and the key is not to get hung up about, hold your head high, just take any learning possible and keep looking. Perhaps see if the SU has a counselling service that can help you with some of the things that are getting you down
Original post by Anonymous
I am in a student committee this year and have a crush on one of the younger members. I don't know how she found it out - she messaged me suddenly, telling me she didn't like me and asking me not to mention her anywhere, which I have no idea at all since I rarely talked to her.

I have been very upset over her for the past few months as well. I don't know if I should leave that committee, but because my term in the committee is supposed to end in May, I don't know if it is still meaningful to do so. Another thing is I simply feel myself not being able to blend in because I am a very shy man who can hardly sustain a conversation for >10 minutes unless it is something really interesting.

I simply don't know what to do...day by day nothing is not getting more and more nasty.

Stay and finish it.

I have been very upset over her for the past few months as well since I really love her. I don't know if I should leave that committee, but because my term in the committee is supposed to end in May, I don't know if it is still meaningful to do so. Another thing is I simply feel myself not being able to blend in because I am a very shy man who can hardly sustain a conversation for >10 minutes unless it is something really interesting, which makes me quite isolated.

I simply don't know what to do...day after day nothing is not getting more and more nasty.

Typo
Reply 5
Sigh it's getting harder each day and she is moving out this week
Reply 6
Sigh it's getting harder each day and she is moving out this week

You have already been given advice.

Tell her that you like her and you know it may never happen between you but you wanted to put it out there.
Reply 7
Original post by Wired_1800
You have already been given advice.

Tell her that you like her and you know it may never happen between you but you wanted to put it out there.

She told me she didn't like me back in March and had ignored intentionally, sometimes with angry eye contact. This is what makes me extremely upset.
Reply 8
She told me she didn't like me back in March and had ignored intentionally, sometimes with angry eye contact. This is what makes me extremely upset.

Move on.
Reply 9
Move on.

How I wish I could.
How I wish I could.

Ok
Reply 11
Ok

Deeply upset
Reply 12
This year's committee has ended and I won't be here next year. I will miss her forever.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending